Engagement CoordinatorUnited Way of Snohomish County
Position Title: Engagement Coordinator (Events, Experiences & Volunteers)
Position Type: Full Time/Regular Position
Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by March 27 for first consideration, open until filled.
Hiring Range: $40K – $45K DOE + benefits, including health, dental, vision, retirement, paid leave, and more.
Reports To: Senior Manager of Engagement
Our CORE Work
Our work is called : Creating Open Roads to Equity. It’s bold, innovative, and is already changing the way local non-profit organizations, public partners, and private businesses work to help families in our community. CORE moves whole families out of the traps of poverty through a collaborative and 2-Generational approach serving both children and the adults in their lives, together.
We are recruiting for an Engagement Coordinator to plan and implement logistics for engagement strategies, including mobilizing targeted audiences around CORE events and experiences, coordinating event logistics for all departments and programs, and managing volunteer coordination through volunteer web-based portal, Get Connected. This position will work cross-departmentally to help further our CORE approach focused on children birth to age 8 and their families with low income.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving outcomes for young children and/or families with low-income.
- Are willing to grow in personal and professional learnings of social and racial justice.
- Demonstrate the skills, abilities, and experience needed for this role regardless of education and compensation history.
- Are inspired by our values of integrity, collaboration, innovation, equity, and outcome-oriented.
Engagement Events & Experiences
- Coordinate and implement logistics and provide administrative support for all engagement events and experiences. Events and experiences may include, but are not limited to, United Way signature events, corporate engagement experiences (e.g. Cost of Poverty Experiences Simulation (COPES) and kit building), Day of Caring, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day of service, and lobby day. (See https://www.uwsc.org/volunteer for more info.)
- Coordinate and implement event logistics to include, but not limited to, venue contracts, banquet and catering orders, floor plans, hotel accommodations, transportation, audio visual equipment needs, and with the support of the Sr. Manager, event budgets and assist with speaker coordination.
- Provide administrative support for engagement events and experiences to include, but not limited to, ordering event and experience supplies, data input, tracking RSVPs, and working with marketing team to support overall event-related outreach and communication.
- Serve as primary contact for all event-related vendors and serve as event day lead to ensure successful event execution.
- Lead recruitment and, at times, management and facilitation of target audiences around engagement events and experiences. Targeted audiences may include donors, affinity groups (e.g. women, young leaders), and volunteers.
- Work collaboratively with Sr. Manager of Engagement to create sustainable processes for target audience engagement.
- Strategically manage web-based volunteer recruitment portal, Get Connected, to include creating volunteer engagement opportunities and identifying agency opportunities that align with our CORE work.
- Seek and develop innovative ways to use Get Connected to track metrics, improve volunteer experience, and intentionally support United Way’s CORE mission. (i.e. interests, causes, benchmarks, volunteer hours, etc.).
- Utilize relationship management skills to build connections with portal users, agencies, and agency managers.
- Provide online customer service and assist other staff members with their Get Connected questions and requests.
- Track, report, and maintain statistical data around volunteer participation and hours.
- Working with Data Manager, track and manage database of volunteer information.
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation and recognition activities.
- Provide and support direction and training according to volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
- This position has no staff supervisory responsibilities.
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- 2+ years’ related experience and demonstrated success in event planning and coordination.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and work well with diverse teams.
- Extremely detail-oriented with proven ability to problem solve and adjust course in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in relationship management; volunteer recruitment experience a plus.
- Demonstrate project coordination skills required in planning and organizing people and tasks to meet objectives and planned timelines.
- Demonstrate creative work with a passion for serving and commitment to customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal communications) with the ability to work well under pressure, produce results, and meet deadlines.
- Innovative problem solver and independent thinker with proven ability to work under stress and take initiative.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with a talent for building strong and productive relationships across constituencies.
- Demonstrate capability to conduct oneself in a calm and professional manner when dealing with the public, and in difficult or complex situations in person or over the phone.
- Experience with public speaking and facilitation to large and small audiences.
- Committed to improving outcomes for young children and/or families with low income.
- Willing to grow and learn, both personally and professionally, in support of racial justice.
- Experience with database programs and/or donor development software. Get Connected web-portal experience a plus.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Proficient with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Current, valid driver license; use of a private vehicle; and valid automobile insurance.
- Flexible and willing to adjust hours and/or work overtime to accommodate the various hours the position will require including some night and weekend events.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package: medical, dental, life, LTD, a flexible spending account (FSA) for health and dependent care expenses, health savings account (HSA), a generous 403(b) plan with both base and employer matching contributions, generous leave and holiday pay, 37.5-hour work week, flexible work schedule, free parking and more. If you live in Snohomish County, no need to drive in traffic to Seattle or Bellevue. If you live in north King County enjoy a reverse commute. We are located one block from Everett Transit & Train Station.
For first consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter by March 27. This position will remain open until filled.
For a complete job description and more information about our CORE work click Apply Now.
Keywords: nonprofit, non profit, not-for-profit