Corporate & Foundation Relations, Grants ManagerUnited Way of Snohomish County
Position Title: Corporate & Foundation Relations, Grants Manager
Position Type: Full Time/Regular Position
Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter by March 18 for first consideration, open until filled.
Hiring Range: $45K – $55K DOE + benefits, including health, dental, vision, retirement, paid leave, and more.
Reports To: Director, Philanthropy, & Business Development
Our CORE Work
Our work is called CORE: Creating Open Roads to Equity. It’s bold, innovative, and is already changing the way local non-profit organizations, public partners, and private businesses work to help families in our community. CORE moves whole families out of the traps of poverty through a collaborative and 2-Generational approach serving both children and the adults in their lives, together.
We are recruiting for a Corporate & Foundation Relations, Grants Manager to be responsible for strengthening current corporate and foundation partnerships and establishing new partnerships that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals and priorities of United Way of Snohomish County. This position will be responsible for writing and producing funding proposals and grant reports for both long-term, established funders and newly identified funders.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented grant writer with relationship management skills looking to broaden their resource development experience working and learning closely with the Director and CEO.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving outcomes for young children and/or families with low-income.
- Are willing to grow in personal and professional learnings of social and racial justice.
- Demonstrate the skills, abilities, and experience needed for this role regardless of education and compensation history.
- Are inspired by our values of integrity, collaboration, innovation, equity, and outcome-oriented.
Grant Writing and Reporting
- Develop and maintain a detailed calendar of application and reporting deadlines.
- Develop letter of inquiry and proposal packages, including writing narratives, budgets, and all other required attachments, complying with required guidelines and deadlines for each.
- Interpret funders’ grant policies, procedures, and requirements, and provide grants management advice on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that grants are recorded, acknowledged, and recognized appropriately.
- Develop grant report packages, including collecting and synthesizing grant data and products, writing report narratives, and creating expense reports and all other required attachments, complying with required guidelines and deadlines for each.
- In collaboration with the Impact and Investment team and Marketing, coordinate the collection of organizational data for inclusion in proposals, reports, and other collateral.
- Collect and maintain local, state, and national statistics and information relevant to service to children 0-8 and their families.
- Coordinate grants accounting and financial reporting with the finance department to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the award.
- Track grant revenue and generate revenue reports for senior leadership.
Portfolio and Frontline Relationship Management
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of relationships and support the Director of Philanthropy and Business Development and CEO as the primary contact(s) of others.
- Support the Director of Philanthropy and Business Development and CEO for in-person meetings with current and potential funders.
- Identify foundation and corporate prospects and conduct research to determine interest, giving potential, and alignment to United Way of Snohomish County’s strategic goals and outcomes.
- Partner with the Director of Philanthropy and Business Development to develop strategies to engage, solicit, and steward these prospects.
- Identify, solicit, and recruit at least five new funders annually.
- Partner with others on the Resource Development and Engagement teams to support stewardship of family foundation/major donor relationships.
- Contribute to the development of and execute a strategic fundraising plan annually, focusing primarily on private and corporate foundation support.
- Work with the Director of Philanthropy and Business Development and other members of the Resource Development team to identify new corporate giving strategies.
- Participate in the planning of grant and corporate support fundraising forecasts, predictions, and objectives.
Attribute of a Successful Candidate
- 3-5 years’ experience as a fundraising professional with a specific background in grant writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; outstanding writing ability.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with a talent for building strong and productive relationships across constituencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices, and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of companies and foundations.
- Demonstrated success in organizing work, meeting strict deadlines, and setting priorities.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and exceed work goals.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with individuals and large groups.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with corporate and foundation funders and interact via telephone and in-person.
- Ability to work with and command the respect of C-suite executives, heads of departments, and other high-level donors and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate United Way priorities to external audiences.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
- Creative, professional, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high project-volume environment.
- Demonstrated word processing and overall computer expertise including MS Office and Power Point, and an aptitude for learning new software programs.
- Experience with Salesforce (or equivalent donor database) preferred.
- Current, valid driver's license; use of a private vehicle; and valid automobile insurance.
- Travel often to offsite meetings within and outside of Snohomish County.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package: medical, dental, life, LTD, a flexible spending account (FSA) for health and dependent care expenses, health savings account (HSA), a generous 403(b) plan with both base and employer matching contributions, generous leave and holiday pay, 37.5-hour work week, flexible work schedule, free parking and more. If you live in Snohomish County, no need to drive in traffic to Seattle or Bellevue. If you live in north King County enjoy a reverse commute. We are located one block from Everett Transit & Train Station.
For first consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter by March 18. This position will remain open until filled.
Keywords: nonprofit, non profit, not-for-profit