Accounts Payable Specialist & Pledge ProcessorUnited Way of Snohomish County
Position Title: Accounts Payable Specialist & Pledge Processor
Position Type: Full Time/Regular Position, 37.5 Hour Work Week, Non-Exempt
Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter. Open until filled.
Hiring Range: $36K – $40K DOE + benefits, including health, dental, vision, retirement, paid leave, 37.5-hour work week, and more.
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Our CORE Work
Our work is called CORE: Creating Open Roads to Equity. It’s bold, innovative, and is already changing the way local nonprofits, public partners, and private businesses work to help families in our community. CORE moves whole families out of the traps of poverty through a collaborative and 2-Generational approach serving both children and the adults in their lives, together.
The AP Specialist & Pledge Processor’s primary responsibilities include supporting the finance department in all Accounts Payable-related areas with a focus on maintaining all A/P accounts, trade payments, designations, and grant payments. Supports pledge processing throughout the year.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with experience in accounts payable to learn pledge processing and gain experience in task supervision of temporary staff. This position reports to the Accounting Manager and works closely with the finance team to help further our CORE approach focused on children birth to age 8 and their families with low income.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
Demonstrate a commitment to improving outcomes for young children and/or families with low-income.
Are willing to grow in personal and professional learnings of social and racial justice.
Demonstrate the skills, abilities, and experience needed for this role regardless of education and compensation history.
Are inspired by our values of integrity, collaboration, innovation, equity, and outcome-oriented.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities
- Code and input A/P invoices for payment. This includes trade A/P, designation payments and grant payments.
- Generate all check runs for the above.
- Maintain and process expense reimbursement files and transactions.
- Process credit cards payments and transactions.
- Maintain vendor information in fundraising software.
- Perform A/P review with Director of Finance.
- Process 1099's and B&O tax annually.
- Generate ACH disbursements.
- Research problem accounts.
- Open mail daily and create daily cash log.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate organizational records retention and disposal process.
- Purchase kitchen, office, and janitorial supplies as needed.
Pledge Processing Responsibilities
- Input company and individual donor pledge data with high degree of accuracy and skill, including analysis and interpretation.
- Research, secure, and book campaign results from third-party processors.
- Assist Finance in balancing receipts.
- Manage Patriot Act compliance process.
- Maintain, analyze, and validate vendors for entry into accounting software.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. NOTE: This position does provide task training and direction to temporary/seasonal pledge processing staff.
- 2 years of Accounts Payable related experience and demonstrated success in similar position(s).
- Proficiency with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications with emphasis in Excel is required and Access strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with MIP (Abila Accounting software) and Enterprise software preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with diverse teams.
- Extremely detail-oriented with proven ability to problem solve and adjust course in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work under pressure, deadlines, and time constraints.
- Meet a criminal history check review standard.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package: medical, dental, life, LTD, a flexible spending account (FSA) for health and dependent care expenses, health savings account (HSA), a generous 403(b) plan with both base and employer matching contributions, generous leave and holiday pay, 37.5-hour work week, flexible work schedule, free parking, and more. If you live in Snohomish County, no need to drive in traffic to Seattle or Bellevue. If you live in north King County enjoy a reverse commute. We are located one block from Everett Transit & Train Station.
Keywords: nonprofit, non-profit, non profit, not-for-profit, non-profits, non profits, nonprofits