Line CookTulalip Resort Casino
The Tulalip Tribes publicly announces that Indian Preference in hiring shall apply to Tulalip Tribal job opportunities.
Maintains the highest level of culinary standards as determined by the Executive Chef, Director of Food & Beverage, and TRC guests. Provides an exceptional dining experience for guests. Prepares stocks, sauces, and soups. Sautés, pan-frying, poaching, steaming, roasting, grilling. simmering, wood charbroiler, wok cooking, and braising. Properly preps and cooks various meats, poultry, fish, and other seafood.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
* If applicant does not meet education requirement, employer will allow 6 months from date of hire to meet this job requirement as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to prep red meat, fish, shellfish, poultry, and pastas.
- Must have a good understanding of US measurements, weights, and volumes.
- Must be capable of working fast and on as many as 30 orders at a time.
- Must be proficient in cooking fish, seafood, chops, and steaks.
- Must be able to coordinate cooking times with co-workers.
- Must have knowledge of fresh and dry herbs and spices.
- Must be skilled with knives.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and produce written recipes to specifications.
- Must have good grooming habits.
- Minimum of one (2) years experience working in a full service dinner house as a Line Cook.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience grilling, broiling, steaming, and sauteing of foods.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience cooking seafood, breakfast , and fry cook menu items.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a Food Handler's card within 60 days from date of hire.
- Must have knowledge of HACCP.
- Must have knowledge of Health Codes and Liquor Laws.
- Must be flexible to work all venues in a similar position.
- Will be responsible for the deliverance of the highest level of customer service to guests, VIPs, and co-workers.
- Must attend mandatory guest service training.
- Must be flexible to work both Casino sites, the Tulalip Resort Casino and the Quil Ceda Creek Casino.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation for a Tribal Gaming License or Permit.
- Must be able to work any shift assigned to included days, swing, grave, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must have successful employment history with the Tulalip Tribes and/or other employers.
Physical Characteristics and/or Prerequisites:
- Manual and finger dexterity for the preparation of foods.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Tolerance to be exposed to hot grills, stoves, and ovens.
- Must have tolerance to work in a smoke-filled environment.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Tolerance to be exposed to cleaning solvents and detergents on a daily basis.
This is a Regular Full-time position requiring up to 40 hours per week or 2080 hours per year.
Pay Rate: $14.01 per hour
The Tulalip Gaming Organization is proud to provide our employees with excellent comprehensive benefits. We believe that it is important to support our people. Our benefits include:
- Base Salary
- Life Insurance
- Training Opportunities
- Paid Education Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Savings Plans
- On-Site Workout Facility
- Many Other Unique Advantages