Cultural Center Director
Director will work closely with Board of Trustees and assume daily responsibility for overall administration of the Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center. This will include managing financial, bookkeeping, fundraising, grant writing, volunteers and membership recruitment activities.
The Cultural Center Director is primarily responsible for providing support to Trustees in the
daily business management and operations, overseeing volunteer and fundraising activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversee the financial management of SAHS accounts and complete payroll in
coordination with bookkeeper.
• Prepare an annual budget for approval by the Trustees and work with Trustees to increase
revenue and manage a balanced budget.
• Lead and administer fundraising efforts in collaboration with Trustees and committees.
• Research and write grants to help support and promote activities.
• Work with Trustees and committees to develop programming, outreach (print and
electronic), and facilitate our FNCC hall rentals.
Depending on experience and background may also assume some heritage programming and project management. Bachelor’s Degree preferred with excellent computer, technology and communication skills.
Salary to be negotiated depending upon experience.
Nonprofit management experience with progressive leadership responsibility and staff
supervision is preferred.
• Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, Past
Perfect Museum Software, and the various social media platforms.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, non-profit or financial administration, and
history related fields.
• Professional experience and skills in fundraising and community outreach.
• Experience with heritage organizations or historic preservation, museum, or other
heritage related groups preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills.
• Available to work weekends and evenings as needed.
• Valid driver’s license.
Salary and work schedule to be negotiated.
Position open until filled. To apply please send your resume and attach a letter of interest to:
Stanwood Area Historical Society