Snohomish County EMS Administrative Support SpecialistSouth County Fire
Core Values: All employees of South County Fire are expected to hold themselves accountable for upholding and demonstrating our core values at all times: Integrity, Humility, Compassion, Family and Trust.
Summary: This position supports the organization's programs and services by directly supporting staff, the Executive Director, EMS Council, Medical Program Director and affiliated agencies in achieving the mission, goals and objectives of the organization. The Administrative Support Specialist is a representative of SCEMS to regulatory bodies, contributing agencies, EMS providers, community and civic organizations and the general public. Performance is evaluated by the SCEMS Executive Director through service provided to the public, assigned functions and observation of daily activities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports SCEMS staff, Executive Director, EMS Council, Medical Program Director and other affiliated agencies as assigned.
- Provides courteous telephone answering service, responds to routine questions, directs phone calls to appropriate staff members, and takes accurate messages for unavailable staff members.
- Plans, arranges and coordinates specific meetings, presentations, classes, conferences and/or other events; puts together necessary components and ensures readiness in advance of the activity.
- Maintains and prepares report and correspondence layout, grammatical composition, and ensures the inclusion of all pertinent information.
- Maintains accurate, complete and easily accessible paper and electronic records and filing systems, including contact and email list.
- Maintains and updates social media and organization website(s).
- Assists in maintaining, collecting, notifying and distributing EMS related training rosters and records to appropriate agencies.
- Assists in maintaining, reviewing, and identifying discrepancies in the rosters for all certified EMS personnel in Snohomish County against the Department of Health's (DOH) roster.
- Reviews, prepares, and records applications for certification/recertification for completeness and submits completed applications to the appropriate agency and DOH.
- Assists in preparing invoices, payments, monthly financial reports with accuracy, integrity and timeliness, as directed by the Executive Director.
- Assists in coordinating the educational integration of new EMS providers.
- Maintains training/education calendars for the County to include SCEMS, county, state, and nationwide EMS Training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Office and organizational administration and recordkeeping.
- EMS Training and Quality Assurance requirements and reporting.
- EMS and local, state and federal laws applicable to EMS, Council governance, and non-profit organizations.
- Advanced principles and procedures of recordkeeping, records retention, records management and file management to include both hard copy and electronic documents.
- Laws such as HIPAA and other state and federal laws related to the maintenance, retention and confidentiality of patient and employment records.
- Work independently, maintain composure and work effectively in a high-pressure, noisy and/or distracting environment with quickly changing priorities.
- Learn and utilize specialty computer software programs and other relevant software to complete assigned work.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Project an image of professionalism through appearance, cooperation, compatibility, punctuality and enthusiasm.
- Compose, edit and proofread materials utilizing proper English, grammar, spelling and punctuation in paper and electronic formats.
- Learn and proficiently operate office systems and new technology including, but not limited to, personal computers, printers, application software including Microsoft Office products, multifunction copy/scan/fax machines as well as other common office equipment.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, employees and the public.
- Type and/or enter data at a speed of 40-50 wpm necessary for successful job performance.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Plan, prioritize and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience: Associate's degree or equivalent and three years of experience as training or project coordinator or administrative assistant, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Proficiency in Word, Excel and MS Office Suite required.
- Must maintain a valid Washington State driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a formal criminal background check as required by RCW 43.43.830.
Working Conditions: Work takes place primarily in an office setting. Travel required performing job duties and attending training and seminars. Employee must be able to effectively utilize computers and related software, social and other media networks, computer printers, photocopiers, audio visual equipment, telephone system and fax. The employee may be required to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
The following requirements must be met and you must attach the required documents to the electronic application or you will not move forward in the hiring process.
- Must pass a formal criminal background check.
- Must be tobacco-free, drug-free and alcohol-free at the time of conditional offer.
- Cover letter