Lateral Firefighter ParamedicSouth County Fire
JOB TITLE: Lateral Firefighter Paramedic
CLASSIFICATION: Fire Suppression
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt – Represented
OPENS: June 4, 2018
CLOSES: July 6, 2018
SALARY: $6,777.11 - $8,203.87/month
Click APPLY NOW to view application materials and instructions.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
South County Fire is one of the largest Regional Fire Authorities in the state, providing a full range of fire, emergency medical, public education, and fire prevention services to more than 250,000 residents. The RFA includes 14 stations operating 24/7, serving unincorporated South Snohomish County and the cities of Brier, Edmonds, Lynnwood and Mountlake Terrace; responding annually to more than 35,000 fire and emergency medical calls.
Core Values: All employees of South County Fire are expected to hold themselves accountable for upholding and demonstrating our core values at all times: Integrity, Humility, Compassion, Trust and Family.
We are seeking Lateral Firefighter Paramedics to join our team!
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate/GED or equivalent or college transcript presented at time of conditional offer
- Valid Driver’s License presented at time of conditional offer
- Minimum 21 years of age at time of conditional offer
- Must provide copy of driving record for last 3 years at time of application and be insurable under RFA policy at time of conditional offer
- Currently active career Firefighter/Paramedic for a minimum of one year
- CPAT results through National Testing Network or Public Safety Testing
- Must possess current Paramedic certification with National Registry or Washington State certification
- Graduated from a CoAEMSP accredited Paramedic Program and qualify for Washington State reciprocity. Visit the following website for more information on reciprocity in Washington State: http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ProfessionsNewReneworUpdate/EmergencyMedicalServicesEMSProvider/LicenseRequirements/Paramedic
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- FireTEAM testing from National Testing Network is not required at the time of application
Provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract for employment. Any provision contained herein may be changed and/or revoked without notice.
South County Fire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value and encourage diversity.
We provide a generous benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life; WA State PERS Retirement program; Deferred compensation with 5.75% contribution by employer; Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay.