Meter Reader | PoolSnohomish County PUD
Meter Reader | Pool
We currently have a vacancy to fill and anticipate additional vacancies coming open over the next year. This recruitment is to fill our current vacancy and create a pool of eligible candidates to draw from over the next twelve (12) months as more positions open up.
Locates, reads and records readings of revenue generating utility meters and meters with interval data recording functionality for residential and commercial customers on assigned route, excluding meters within Substations or meters that are read by the Meter Department for billing data. Checks and reports unsafe or irregular conditions in and about service locations and reports defective meters; notes meters which cannot be read for follow-up; checks for and reports vacant premises and receives and reports customer complaints.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Washington State Driver License with a good driving record.
Certification and Testing:
- Completion of the District’s Basic Electricity course within one (1) year of job start date.
- Obtain CPR First Aid card within one (1) year of job start date.
- Successful completion of the following sequential testing process; applicants must pass each of the preceding steps to be eligible to move to the next step in the testing process:
- Pass District Meter Reading cognitive test with a 75% passing score.
- Pass District Driving test.
- Pass interview process
- Pass a pre-employment physical exam (to be done after verbal offer)
To Apply: Interested individuals should complete the online application and submit cover letter and resume by 11:59 p.m. July 21, 2019.
Snohomish County PUD #1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Disabled and Veterans.