Infrastructure Architect #10269Snohomish County PUD
As a member of our IT Architecture Team, the Network Architect will be responsible for designing, testing, securing, optimizing, documenting, and troubleshooting all the District’s data networks. The ideal candidate will engage with our team of network analysts to share knowledge, drive technology innovations throughout the District, and will deliver results. The candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and work well in team environments. Must possess extensive knowledge and have experience in automation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of routers, firewalls, IDS/IPS systems and load balancers. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to lead discussions and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Defines network and system infrastructure specifications, interfaces, hardware and/or software capacity and performance planning.
- Defines system interdependencies and interfaces and development strategies that support the enterprise application portfolio.
- Develops programming and development standards and procedures and recommends new technologies and methods.
- Supports and enables strategic priorities including projects and continual improvement.
- Collaborates with IT management, business stakeholders, and customers.
- Leads establishment of IT policies, principles, standards, guidelines and design patterns supporting solution architecture.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends, best practices, vendor products and services to inform and influence business and IT strategy and direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and
- Seven (7) years progressively more responsible experience designing at least one component of information systems architecture.
- Cisco and/or Juniper certification
- Experience with the following: load balancers, security infrastructure, log aggregation systems, multifactor authentication, BGP, and firewalls.
- Scripting or coding experience
- Experience with compliance standards (PCI, NERC-CIP, HIPAA)
Interested individuals should complete the online application no later than December 12, 2019.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Disabled, and Veterans.