Area Operations Accounting AnalystSnohomish County PUD
Area Operations Accounting Analyst
$58,293 - $87,440
Interacts, responds, and coordinates with District departments, acting as a liaison between various operational departments and Finance to facilitate effective financial information processing. Expedites, assists, trains and validates various accounting functions initiated by other departments including opening/closing work orders and billing/payment requests. Researches, analyzes and resolves problems, ensuring the timely and accurate processing and maintenance of financial transactions, sub ledgers and financial reporting. Supports the District’s strategic priorities, in particular responsible cost and fiscal management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Accounting
- Associate of Technical Arts Degree in Accounting, 2 years progressively more responsible accounting experience
- Successful Completion of District’s Beginning Designer course within 12 months of start date.
- Associate of Technical Arts Degree in Engineering related field, 2 years related engineering, business or marketing experience or applicable technical education.
- Successful Completion of college level Principles of Accounting course within 12 months of start date or demonstrate proof of completion within the last 5 years.
- Experience using automated accounting software including integration, report writer and query capabilities.
- Construction project; cost accounting and/or plant asset accounting
- Basic construction standards and methods, design standards
- Basic technical aspects of utility work
- Washington State Sales Tax and B&O Tax application
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and National Association of Regulatory Utilities Commissions (NARUC) uniform system of accounts
- Knowledge of or experience with SAP
Interested individuals should complete the online application at careers.snopud.com by no later than September 23, 2019. A full job description is available on the website.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Disabled, and Veterans.