Edmonds College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. The college values its talented, diverse workforce and seeks to attract, hire, and support employees who consistently and actively embrace diversity and equity. Edmonds College is an equal opportunity employer. Edmonds College invites all individuals to apply and as an equal opportunity employer, we also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for this position.
Edmonds College Head Start, ECEAP, & Early Head Start delivers quality educational and family services to families in Snohomish County. We have twelve (12) sites at which we deliver mail and supplies throughout the county. The Warehouse Courier supports our program by receiving and checking in deliveries, and distributing mail and supplies to all of our locations on a weekly basis during the school year.
Delivering mail and supplies
- Drive a program van using designated routes between our sites
- Pick up, sort, and deliver mail to staff at all sites
- Pack, deliver, and unpack materials and supplies to staff at all sites
- Safely lift up to 40 lbs on a regular basis
- Maintains up-to-date mail centers at each site
- Perform daily vehicle maintenance checks and routine fueling of vehicle, completing maintenance and fiscal paperwork
- Completes special pick-ups and stops as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Receive supply requests and fill orders at our off-site warehouse
- Assist with monitoring, tracking, and inventory of supplies and materials
- Check in deliveries and review paperwork for accuracy
- Keep warehouse tidy and organized
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid WA State Driver's License
- Clean Driving Record
- Work experience performing same or similar work
- Work experience in a school setting
- Work experience in a Head Start/ECEAP program
KEY COMPETENCIES (specific knowledge, skills or skill sets, and/or abilities necessary to perform work activities):
- Be able to perform all the essential functions of the position
- Ability to work independently, but also be a team player
- Ability to problem-solve and handle sensitive information and difficult situations tactfully and confidentially
- Must be knowledgeable of and work in accordance with Head Start/ECEAP Performance Standards, Federal, State, and College policies and regulations, and negotiated agreements
- Must be able to communicate via email and phone
JOB READINESS FACTORS (working conditions such as environmental factors, mental and physical demands, willingness issues of the position):
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and personal automobile insurance
- Must be flexible and able to negotiate priorities according to program needs while considering rules and process requirements
- Must be able to work under stressful situations and manage stress appropriately
- Must be able to accomplish repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Must be able to exhibit cultural humility when working with staff and families from diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Must consistently adhere to an established work schedule and maintain a 95% attendance rate
- Must be able to transport self to off-site trainings and meetings
Ability to report to work at scheduled times; position may require some evening scheduling. Work is performed in an office setting, in our off-site warehouse, and involves driving between our sites throughout Snohomish County. The ability to sit for long periods of time and perform detailed tasks involving repetitive arm and hand movements is essential. Operation of standard office equipment such as a PC/terminal, printer, and copy machine is required. The ability to move over uneven surfaces, lift up to 40 pounds, and drive a transit van is essential. Excellent communication skills are essential.
12-18 hours per week, Tuesday-Thursday mornings.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
All applicants must apply online. No paper submissions or emailed materials will be accepted. Your online application must include the following documents in order to be complete:
- Responses to supplemental questions (part of the online application). (These questions reflect the required and desired qualifications and are used in the screening process. Please provide thorough responses.)
- Current resume.
- Names and contact information for three references.
- For veterans' preference, please scan and attach your DD214, Member-4 Form.
- Complete, sign, and submit Declaration Regarding Sexual Misconduct