Organizational Services Assistant (Program Assistant)
Organizational Services Assistant (Program Assistant)
SALARY: $34,680 - 38,952 annually ($2,890 - 3,246 per month)
LOCATION: Lynnwood, WA
The Organizational Services Assistant provides the public with general information, responds to questions, triages inquirers referring to appropriate sources, and performs daily maintenance on internal client support systems.
The Organizational Services Assistant is a member of the Organizational Services Team. The Human Resources Consultant 3 provides general supervision, establishes work schedules, approves time off requests and payroll timesheets, and conducts performance evaluations. When appropriate and needed, the Organizational Services Assistant provides support in other service areas on program work tasks or projects.
- Serve as primary contact with program participants; provide information regarding program policies and activities
- Compile and distribute information relative to program activities to prospective enrollees
- Provide clerical and data entry support, as needed, to ERSEA program area
- Perform daily attendance recording for the entire program
- Compose correspondence and printed materials related to program policies, procedures, and operations; edit materials for accuracy, appearance, readability, and style
- Perform daily tasks related to interpreter scheduling system for client meetings
- Perform daily tasks related to consumable office and classroom supplies and materials purchasing, request, and delivery system
- Use a computer, phone, fax machine, postage meter, and copier (for printing and scanning)
- Perform daily and accurate data entry into our program database
- Receive, process and distribute incoming US mail, processing outgoing US mail
- Perform complex word processing tasks such as merging and sorting, integrating text with graphics, spreadsheet and data base files, uploading and downloading and creating footnotes and outlines
- Perform physical inventories of office equipment, goods, and materials on a routine schedule
- Consistently adhere to an established work schedule and maintain a good attendance rate
- Other duties as assigned
Edmonds invites all individuals to apply and as an equal opportunity employer, we also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for this position.
For information on applying, please see Application Procedures and Required Documents, below.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Two years of full-time experience with same/similar work responsibilities
(See Conditions of Employment section for additional requirements.)
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Excellent communication skills are essential. This includes the ability to speak clearly and fully comprehend written and spoken English and will include communication with people for whom English is not their first language. Those who are multilingual are strongly encouraged to apply. Must be able to use a computer for written communication, data entry, spreadsheet applications, and report creation.
Monday - Friday: 40 hours per week
Salary range 35. Beginning salary is $34,680 - 38,952 annually, with progressive increases to $44,808, plus a full state benefits package, which includes tuition waivers for college classes, medical, dental, retirement options, and more. Vacation and leave package includes 12 sick days per year, 11 scheduled holidays, 1 personal holiday, 2 personal leave days, and 13 vacation days per year (incremental increases to 24 vacation days per year).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Required vaccines: TDap, MMR, Hep B series, COVID-19
- Must show a negative TB Test and obtain a health provider statement showing free of communicable diseases
- Cleared Portable Background Check through DCYF
Complete, sign, and submit Declaration Regarding Sexual Misconduct
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
All applicants must apply online. No paper submissions or emailed materials will be accepted. Your online application must include the following documents in order to be complete:
1. Current resume.
2. Names and contact information for three references.
3. For veterans' preference, please scan and attach your DD214, Member-4 Form.
Important, if this posting is on an external website other than www.edmonds.edu/hr or Edmonds College Job Opportunities please follow one of these links to apply. Applying via an external webpage will not enter our application system.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE:
Established in 1967, Edmonds College is a public, four-year, state college. It focuses on academic excellence, student success, and community engagement, which reflect the three aspects of its mission: Teaching | Learning | Community. It serves about 20,000 students annually, including more than 1,000 international students from more than 60 countries. The college offers nearly 70 associate degrees and 60 professional certificates in about 30 programs of study. Its highest enrolled programs are the Associate of Arts/Associate of Science degrees, Paralegal, Allied Health (pre-nursing degree), Business/Accounting, Construction Management, and Culinary Arts. The college is located in the center of the growing south Snohomish County communities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, Mill Creek, Mukilteo, and Woodway. For more information, visit www.edmonds.edu.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Edmonds College is an equal opportunity employer and assures equality of treatment in educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), disability, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may call 425-640-1470 and accommodations will be made to the extent reasonably possible. The Human Resources Office is accessible to persons with disabilities.
JEANNE CLERY STATEMENT:
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of Edmonds College’s commitment to safety and security on campus, the College reports the mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, the required statistics, and other related information for the past three (3) calendar years. Edmonds College’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.edmonds.edu/safety/clery-act/documents/annual-report.pdf.