Food Service Worker
Edmonds College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. The college values its talented, diverse workforce and seeks to attract, hire, and support employees who consistently and actively embrace diversity and equity. Edmonds College is an equal opportunity employer. Edmonds College invites all individuals to apply and as an equal opportunity employer, we also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for this position.
PART-TIME FOOD SERVICE WORKER
SALARY: $1,213.65 - 1,360.80 per month (for 9.5 months each year)
LOCATION: Everett, WA
Our kitchen provides meals and snacks to over 500 preschool children at nine centers throughout Snohomish County. We have two types of Food Service Worker positions:
- Food Service Worker - Dishes spends entire shift in the kitchen and is primarily responsible for cleaning and sanitizing dishes. This position is also responsible for helping with food packaging and prep in the kitchen.
- Food Service Worker - Driver delivers meals to their assigned center and returns dirty dishes back to our kitchen.
All Food Service Workers are responsible for helping with food prep, dishwashing, cleaning, and sanitizing. This is a non-permanent classified position and reports to the Food Service Manager.
- Drive a program vehicle to transport food, supplies, and equipment to and from kitchen and assigned preschool center (required only for positions that drive)
- Load and unload cambros into program vehicles
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Assist in food and bakery preparation and production
- Organize and properly store dry goods, frozen and fresh products
- Set up food for family-style meal service in the classroom, prep food for breakfast and snacks
- Maintain the health and safety of all children and their environment
- Ensure that no child is ever left alone or unsupervised
- Other duties as assigned
Edmonds invites all individuals to apply and as an equal opportunity employer, we also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for this position.
This is a non-permanent classified position reporting to the Food Service Manager. This position is not scheduled to exceed 18 months.
For information on applying, please see Application Procedures and Required Documents, below.
- Must be age 18 or older
- Must possess a current Snohomish County Food Worker Card
- Must possess a driver’s license, personal auto insurance, and clean driving record (driving positions only)
(See Conditions of Employment section for additional requirements.)
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is typically performed in an institutional kitchen environment subject to variations in temperature and humidity. Must be able to walk or run quickly, kneel or sit on the floor, lift approximately 50 pounds, sit in a child's size chair, and move quickly from multiple positions and levels. Requires the ability to perform regular sanitation/cleaning of the kitchen that may require the use of a broom, carpet sweeper, mop, vacuum, and the use of cleaning products. Excellent communication skills are essential. This includes the ability to speak clearly and fully comprehend written and spoken English and will include communication with people for whom English is not their first language. Those who are multilingual are strongly encouraged to apply.
Tuesday - Friday: 4.5 hours per day, midday
Total per week: 18 hours
Salary range 32. Beginning salary is $11,529 - $12,927 annually (divided between 9.5 months each year), with progressive increases to $13,876, plus retirement options. Vacation and leave package includes 34 hours of sick leave per year, 10 scheduled holidays, 1 personal holiday, 2 personal leave days, and 39 hours of vacation leave per year (incremental increases to 68 hours of vacation leave per year).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
You must document your citizenship or employment authorization within three days of hire.
Criminal background check. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted.
All new positions are contingent upon funding.
- This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
- At this time, Edmonds College does not sponsor H1-B Visas.
- Edmonds College is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for all employees and students.
Complete, sign, and submit Declaration Regarding Sexual Misconduct
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
All applicants must apply online. No paper submissions or emailed materials will be accepted. Your online application must include the following documents in order to be complete:
1. Current resume.
2. Names and contact information for three references.
3. For veterans' preference, please scan and attach your DD214, Member-4 Form.
Important, if this posting is on an external website other than www.edmonds.edu/hr or Edmonds College Job Opportunities please follow one of these links to apply. Applying via an external webpage will not enter our application system.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE:
Established in 1967, Edmonds College is a public, four-year, state college. It focuses on academic excellence, student success, and community engagement, which reflect the three aspects of its mission: Teaching | Learning | Community. It serves about 20,000 students annually, including more than 1,000 international students from more than 60 countries. The college offers nearly 70 associate degrees and 60 professional certificates in about 30 programs of study. Its highest enrolled programs are the Associate of Arts/Associate of Science degrees, Paralegal, Allied Health (pre-nursing degree), Business/Accounting, Construction Management, and Culinary Arts. The college is located in the center of the growing south Snohomish County communities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, Mill Creek, Mukilteo, and Woodway. For more information, visit www.edmonds.edu.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Edmonds College is an equal opportunity employer and assures equality of treatment in educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), disability, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may call 425-640-1470 and accommodations will be made to the extent reasonably possible. The Human Resources Office is accessible to persons with disabilities.
JEANNE CLERY STATEMENT:
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of Edmonds College’s commitment to safety and security on campus, the College reports the mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, the required statistics, and other related information for the past three (3) calendar years. Edmonds College’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.edmonds.edu/safety/clery-act/documents/annual-report.pdf.