Operations AssistantSnohomish County Fire District #7
This position is assigned to and works in the Logistics Division. Incumbent provides daily support for operations through ongoing maintenance of assigned facilities, equipment and assets. Primary functions include maintenance related ordering/purchasing, troubleshooting, coordinating and/or performing facilities and equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Perform general and semi-skilled maintenance and repair of assigned District facilities, equipment and apparatus in a variety of trades (e.g. carpentry, roofing, plumbing, electrical, painting, IT, HVAC, mechanical trades, etc.)
- Perform minor maintenance and repair activities (e.g. plumbing pipes, fixtures, touch up painting, carpentry work, electrical activities, HVAC, telephones, etc.)
- Operate, repair and maintain a variety of equipment, power tools, gurneys, SCBAs, and other equipment
- Deliver needed supplies, parts, and equipment to ensure operations continue without undue interruptions
- Prepare and maintain records related to daily activities as needed
- Account for assigned equipment and supplies as necessary
- Fill and deliver EMS orders and station supplies as requested
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalency and
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a maintenance worker or operations assistant in the fire service or
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties of the position
License and Requirements:
- Valid Washington State driver’s license required
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License is preferred
For more details, including Application Process & Selection Procedures, click Apply Now.
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm, Monday, November 25, 2019.