Payroll & Purchasing SpecialistSnohomish County Emergency Radio System
POSITION: Payroll and Purchasing Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Independent Contractor, part-time
HOURLY RATE: 21.00 – 24.00 DOQ
The Payroll and Purchasing Specialist will report to the Executive Director but will take day-to-day direction from the current Administrative Services Analyst for training, questions, and approval of work. The Payroll and Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for the necessary processing of employee payroll as well as purchasing items as needed. The Payroll and Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for all necessary reports related to payroll and purchasing. This position is currently envisioned as contract position, with the term of the contract ending on February 28th, 2019. The contract could be extended if mutually agreeable.
- Process purchase requests on behalf of SERS with applicable vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all SERS policies regarding competitive/sole source purchases and spending authority.
- Process, track and reconcile invoices using the Snohomish County Cayenta Financial Application.
- Coordinate with County Finance Department to ensure warrants are processed in a timely manner and pick up and mail warrants from Snohomish County.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly credit card payments are made on time.
- Process and review monthly payroll and submit to the Administrative Services Analyst for approval.
- Provide reports to County, State and Federal Agencies as necessary.
- Create monthly invoice reports.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to State Department of Retirement Systems.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports to WA State L&I and Employment Security.
- Prepare and submit quarterly tax reports to IRS.
- File and archive documents electronically.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Establish good working relationships with other team members, vendors and county personnel to ensure an efficient and positive work environment.
- High-degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Adobe PDF, and other computer skills and typical office equipment.
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures.
- Adherence to schedule, and attention to detail
- Minimum education: High School Diploma or equivalent, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related subjects preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a previous payroll and/or purchasing position.
- Education and/or certifications in Human Resources/Payroll subjects preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Software including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Adobe software, and general internet proficiency
- Strong knowledge of practices, rules, regulations, and terminology of business.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Possess and maintain current Driver's license and retain auto insurance as law requires.
- Ability to complete and pass a criminal background and credit check as required for employment and as required thereafter.
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting.
- Pushing, pulling, crouching and reaching as required.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to use a computer or other office machinery for a typical 8-hour work-day.
- Must be able to work at computer or desk area for extended periods of time.