Trainee DispatcherSnohomish County 911
$27.04 - $35.69 Per Hour | Multiple Vacancies
$6000 signing bonus-provided in increments | $7000 lateral signing bonus-provided in increments
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Generous Paid-time-off and paid holidays
- Retirement & Deferred Compensation Match
Join a vibrant and energized group of highly trained professionals who are dedicated to making a positive difference in all communities within Snohomish County. We pride ourselves on the level of dedication our teams bring to the table and we want you to be a part of it!
If you want to make a difference in your community, then let us help you shape that passion through our fully paid training program and turn it into the career of a lifetime!
We are a driven organization and our teams leverage technology to connect directly with police officers, firefighters, search and rescue teams and members of the public. A 911 Dispatcher’s job is much more than answering 911 calls and includes supporting responses with more than 43 public safety agencies.
Snohomish County 911 is a consolidated 9-1-1 communications center providing Police, Fire & EMS services to the community and first responders. Snohomish County is home to nearly 800,000, is the third largest county in Washington State and home of Boeing. Public Safety 911 is a rewarding career where our teams have opportunities to make lasting differences in people’s lives each and every day.
We are hiring 911 Emergency Dispatchers to work all shifts within our centers.
Position requirements include:
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Ability to accurately type at least 35 wpm
- Positive attitude and ability to work through rapidly unfolding situations
- Desire to assist police and fire as well as members of the public who may be in distress
- Desire to work with modern technology with a focus on providing a fantastic customer experience
- Ability to pass the applicant testing process, background investigation, psychological exam and drug screening