Marketing and Communications Manager
- Develop and execute communications and marketing strategies to advance key priorities with a focus on equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Shape the Library District’s message to tell our story to increase the impact of our work.
- Develop and create sustainable media relationships.
- Create and distribute world class content.
- Manage the marketing team to build collaboration, trust and transparency across the organization.
- Develop communications, marketing, events and public relations activities to expand and promote awareness of the Library District and its products and services.
- Prioritize content across all media channels and formats, including online communications and social media properties through management of a marketing dashboard.
- Provide effective direction to assigned staff to assure the quality of communication and marketing content and services for the Library District. This includes such actions as: interviewing, selecting, and training staff; scheduling and assigning tasks and services to assure optimum service levels and uses of staff skills and abilities; coaching staff and arranging for or giving continuing training to enhance their capabilities and to enhance quality of service; applying Library District personnel policies and procedures to such matters as granting and scheduling leave, resolving grievances and discipline matters; evaluating staff performance and providing useful and helpful communication to staff on their performance; and promoting and terminating assigned staff members.
- Assure the fiscal soundness of the operation of the marketing and communications unit, including developing annual budgets, monitoring and reporting expenditures compared to budget and initiating needed corrective action.
- Develop and manage the production of Library District communication and promotional materials, including online content, newsletters, e-communications, annual reports, brochures, flyers, news releases, op-ed's, event programs and publications; review and edit existing promotional materials for marketing effectiveness, cross-promotional implications and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Work with library staff to measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts for use of Library District resources, programs and services; ensure brand consistency across project deliverables, digital and print; provide support for communication and marketing efforts.
- Develop and implement an overall marketing, communications and information-sharing strategy.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Build innovative methods for communications, media relations, and use of technology.
- Attend meetings, trainings and workshops as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across complex cross-group teams.
- Ability to drive proactive communications and marketing campaigns and media relations.
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of media relations, community relations, crisis communications, multimedia, external and internal communications, as well as customer and stakeholder engagement.
- Communications abilities including speechwriting, message and delivery development and collateral support, including message preparation and delivery in various issues/situation management scenarios.
- Demonstrated ability to work with news and entertainment media, as well as use of media to form strategic partnerships which help achieve organizational objectives.
- Professional-level writing, editing and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact, present ideas and represent the organization in diverse settings with diverse audiences.
- Ability to budget, develop work plans and manage staff development; supervise, lead and effectively manage staff teams and resources.
- Ability to coordinate and manage online opportunities for communications, marketing and customer engagement through the internet, search engine optimization and social media networks, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, as well as email communications and online marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of program, project, product and event management.
- Ability to successfully take projects from concept to quality delivery on time and on budget.
- Ability to use business, communications and marketing online software tools.
- Ability to execute initiatives that amplify brand awareness, improve and maintain customer loyalty, and increase event attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify, explain and present complex concepts for understanding.
- Demonstrated skill with new and innovative storytelling to guide customer choice.
- Knowledge of computers and Windows-based software.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and protocols.
Education and Experience
These skills and abilities typically are acquired through a combination of experience and training including a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field and five years of experience in media, communications and marketing, online communications, corporate or non-profit communications environment, including two years of supervisory experience, or any combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge and skills.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals are required to travel frequently to library facilities and other locations throughout the District's operating area and are required to drive an automobile or to make independent arrangements for such transportation.
Most of the work of an incumbent is carried out within a generally accessible, safe, indoor environment. There is frequent interpersonal contact with the staff members. These contacts require incumbents to be tactful, cordial and helpful in interpersonal relations with others.
Along with the online application, this position requires the submission of an outline of a library marketing campaign (no longer than two pages) that would be fully created and implemented in the next 100 days in order to connect the Snohomish and Island County communities to their local library.
Sno-Isle Libraries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. This and all Sno-Isle Libraries' positions are subject to transfer.