Library Associate IISno-Isle Libraries
invites applications for the position of:
Library Associate II
Location: Granite Falls
Pay Range: $23.97 - $32.95
Hours per week: 40
POSTING CLOSE DATE: 06/14/2018
Sno-Isle Libraries is recruiting for a full-time Library Associate II at the Granite Falls community library. The position provides professional information services, instruction, reader's advisory, and programming services for library customers.
Working in this position may include working morning, afternoon, evening and weekend hours including Sundays. Successful candidate may be required to adapt to future schedule and location changes depending on library needs.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Provide general, basic reference and information service by: assisting customers in the use of library facilities, equipment, resources, and services. Refer complex readers' advisory and reference questions to a Librarian or appropriate staff member.
- Provide courteous and efficient customer service by performing circulation desk tasks.
- Create and present programming for all customer groups as assigned.
- Develop program materials, including reading lists, promotional displays, and presentation materials.
- Provide training to customers in basic library skills including the use of public computers, catalog and reference computers, Internet, and devices.
- Assist customers in resolving technical problems or issues. Maintain and troubleshoot equipment utilized in a community library.
- Perform other library support services including opening and closing buildings and assisting in maintaining the library in neat, clean, and orderly condition.
- Perform collection maintenance activities through the use of reports and data, to include weeding the collection for condition as well as reallocation of library materials.
- May be designated in charge of the community library in the absence of other supervisory staff or building manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
- Thorough knowledge of established web-based databases and techniques of searching and accessing those resources.
- Thorough knowledge of established practices and procedures for an integrated library system (ILS).
- Thorough knowledge of library procedures for determining needs and interests of customers.
- Knowledge of collection development policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of library resources, programs and services in a public library.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and resolve disruptive behavior effectively.
- Ability to work independently and to set priorities.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems including hardware and software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, electronic databases, e-mail, and internet navigation in addition to other office equipment and security systems.
- Ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective interpersonal skills with the public and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- These skills and abilities typically are acquired through a combination of training and experience including a college-level education or specialized training such as library science, presenting programs or other profession-based subject areas.
- Three years of experience providing customer service in a library or public service environment is required.
Sno-Isle Libraries is a large, two-county district in the beautiful North Puget Sound region of Washington State. It encompasses rugged timberlands and suburban centers, rolling farmlands and ocean vistas. Set in the fastest-growing corner of the state, Sno-Isle Libraries serves 728,745 residents in Washington's Snohomish and Island counties through 23 community libraries, online services, and Library on Wheels.
To apply, go to www.sno-isle.org/employment and complete the required online application. Applications must be received by 9:59 p.m. on the closing date.