IT Cloud Systems Administrator
Sno-Isle Libraries invites applications for the position of:
IT Cloud Systems Administrator
Location: Service Center (Marysville); remote work available upon approval
Pay Range: $41.57 - $57.78 hourly
Hours per Week: 40
Job Requisition: 25197
This position will remain open until sufficient qualified applicants are received. Initial screening will begin on September 19, 2021. To ensure first consideration, please be sure to submit your online application by this date. Remote work available upon approval.
This position is responsible for analyzing and evaluating new cloud implementations to ensure they integrate properly with existing platforms and systems. Analyze current technologies, tools, and processes in use by the unit to propose cloud conversion, improvements, changes, or optimizations that result in a cost and process-efficient operation. Provide support to the Information Technology team while troubleshooting situations or breakdowns that could arise. Conduct proofs of concepts to test prospective cloud solutions. Assist IT Managers in monitoring special cloud projects, ensuring their execution is on time and within budget.
- Plan, design, install, configure, maintain, document, and administer all cloud-based technologies and their related systems and integrations.
- Monitor and analyze the capabilities, security, and performance of all cloud-systems. This includes researching, evaluating, and testing emerging trends, tools, and capabilities and providing recommendations on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within Sno-Isle Libraries to ensure IT capabilities respond to the Library’s business strategy.
- Proactively assess current organizational opportunities with demonstrated ability to understand business processes and identify opportunities to improve processes through cloud-based technologies.
- Receive and process requests for support services related to the position’s area of responsibility. This includes determining the urgency of service requests for continuity of customer service, suggesting actions to users to overcome technical problems, and diagnosing the issue for assignment to appropriate staff.
- Work closely with other IT staff as needed to gather information to respond to, track, and follow-up on requests to ensure issues are resolved.
- Improve customer satisfaction levels for all customers as needed and provide tier-three client support for Help Desk tickets.
- Plan, create, improve, and maintain procedures and documentation related to administration of software applications, system and architecture design, implementation and back-out plans, user management, and system release management.
- Lead cloud service-related projects to include requirements gathering and assessment, high- level design, effort estimations, and ROI analysis.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships related to the position’s area of responsibility on behalf of Sno-Isle Libraries.
- Develop scripts to automate the deployment to production of resources and associated configurations when possible.
- Work with IT Managers to develop the mission and vision of Sno-Isle IT cloud services to foster a service-oriented culture and growth mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Assist in the development of the IT cloud services strategy and roadmap and ensure its integration with the overall Library and IT strategic plans.
- Provides support to sustain and promote implementation of organizational and user change management methodologies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide staff backup in the support of system-wide software systems.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and networks with colleagues locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Participate in a rotating schedule of providing weekend technical support to library staff.
- Attend appropriate continuing education trainings and classes to maintain a high level of technical competence needed to perform the duties required.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and workshops as assigned.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position reports to the IT Enterprise Infrastructure and Operations Manager. The position does not supervise the work of others but is required to lead project teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of virtualization software system in a Hyper-converged environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general infrastructure technology and understanding of public and private cloud concepts such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Desktop as a Service (DaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present data with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and perform the configuration, maintenance, and cloud-based technologies within established timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and diagnose complex problems in a multi-platform environment and to develop effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate computer concepts and terminology with IT and Non-IT staff as well as customers.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems including hardware and software, such as Microsoft Office 365 suite and Windows 10 OS.
- Ability to work autonomously in the office and remotely.
Education and Experience
- At least three years of experience with public and private cloud concepts such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Desktop as a Service (DaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience with Cloud-based applications such as Microsoft 365, SharePoint Online, and Skype for Business Online/Teams or other related applications.
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology or related field or any combination of experience and training which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the work is required.
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert preferred.
- ITIL Foundation Certification required.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent must communicate with coworkers and operate personal computers. An incumbent may occasionally move equipment or materials weighing up to 50 pounds and must be able to set up equipment used in training and demonstration.
Sno-Isle Libraries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. This and all Sno-Isle Libraries positions are subject to transfer.