Buyer/Planner/AnalystSafran Ventilation Systems USA
Safran Ventilation Systems USA currently has an opening for a Buyer/Planner/Analyst.
Primary Responsibility: To optimize and maintain the flow of demand, master production planning, purchasing, planning, and manufacturing of order.
- Review and place planned orders for inventory to be used in production activity
- Update ERP acknowledgement data (AR dates, cost, part number changes) within 48 hours of receipt
- Maintain Item master for applicable items to ensure system accuracy (i.e. lead times, min buys, etc.)
- Conduct periodic review of MRP messages (advance, postpone, cancel) and take action as necessary
- Coordinate with suppliers any changes in requirement and expedite or postpone orders as needed
- Update ERP forecast based on inputs from customer, sales and production
- Respond to changes in customer requirement, including feasibility analyses, and delegate/distribute information internally
Master Production Management:
- Update ABC Classification for equipment and piece parts
- Coordinate with Sales to acquire input for forecast, safety stock options, etc. for retrofit and repair sales
- Conduct calculation of scrap factors for parts and adjust and maintain as necessary
Logistics Monitoring and Analysis:
- Track incoming parts through manifests, emails and carrier invoices to ensure on time deliveries
- Authorize expedited shipments that will increase shipping charges
- Oversee and collaborate with customs broker to ensure inbound traffic delivery
- Contact suppliers to resolve receiving discrepancies, analyze receiving issue trends and implement corrective actions
- Plan (approve, release, modify, etc.) production orders to optimize production and satisfy needs
- Track required parts to ensure on time start of production orders
- Ensure order sizes, minimum stock levels, etc. support production capacities
- Establish and maintain kanban, twinbins, DLF (Direct Line Feed) supply channels to optimize workflows
- Create and maintain KPI’s for Supply Chain activities (primarily purchasing and production)
- Recommend and implement ERP system adjustments to improve efficiency and data accuracy
- Create and implement analysis tools using ERP data extracts
- Create, update and maintain SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for all activities
- Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or Operations Management or related experience
- CPIMS Certification preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
- Buying/planning experience required
- Aviation experience preferred
- ERP system experience preferred (Microsoft Axapta/AX)
- Work orders, bill of materials, manufacturing planning, demand and replenishment procedures
- Supply Chain Management practices and procedures, including placing purchase orders preferred
- Advanced Excel experience preferred
- Fluent in French (preferred)
Safran Ventilation Systems USA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, and retirement.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Ventilation Systems USA must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.