Machine Maintenance Mechanic III - Swing Shift
MACHINE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC III
SWING SHIFT 1:00 PM–9:30 PM
The Machine Maintenance Mechanic III position is the most senior level mechanic role in the Maintenance department and typically has knowledge of the most complex manufacturing systems and equipment, along with the ability to troubleshoot and repair them. This role specializes in a specific area of expertise, including CNC machine repair/maintenance. Performs maintenance and repairs on all equipment and keeps records using the Maximo maintenance software. Works independently on projects of greatest complexity and may provide direction to an assistant or to less experienced maintenance staff. Interacts with internal and external contacts.
- Operation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of all machines, processes, and facilities.
- Perform daily work responsibilities related to the position’s area of specialization.
- Construction, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical control and distribution systems.
- Perform basic electrical repairs and troubleshooting.
- Operate systems required for security, fire, and life safety.
- Maintain spare parts and consumables inventory to facilitate efficient repairs.
- Meet all company work schedule and attendance expectations and perform within the physical and environmental demands of the job.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train other employees in areas of skill and safety.
- Daily operation and maintenance of production support systems, bulk welding gas, and/or bulk propane.
- Install additional phones and network drops, to include programming of voicemail and phone switch.
- Attend meetings or programs required by plant management or regulatory identities.
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 10+ years of experience in a machine maintenance role (specifically in the area of CNC equipment) or 10+ years of trade or military school related to mechanical and/or electrical repair combined with experience
- Able to cut, weld, and fabricate various metals
- Able to read blueprints, drawings, schematics and complex instruction sets
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Have available personal hand tools required to perform job function
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical machinery, processes, and facilities
- Troubleshooting and repair of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment and systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to express complex concepts and ideas
- Able to efficiently perform research in all areas of scope
- Metal fabrication (design, layout, cutting and welding multiple material types)
- All current, major personal computer programs and operating systems including Maximo
- Math skills and concepts required to meet scope of work
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug test
- Must be able to work 1 pm – 9:30 pm, Monday – Friday, with the ability to train on day shift for approximately two weeks.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Driver’s license
- Lift truck license
- Fall Protection
- CPR and first aid certification
- Confined space
- Arc Flash safety training