Maintenance HelperPort of Everett
Wage: $23.91/hour Work
Schedule(s): Mon-Fri, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Union Affiliation: ILWU, Local 32A
Application Deadline: Open until filled, two (2) positions available
- Perform janitorial work, including daily cleaning and stocking of restrooms, shower and laundry facilities throughout the Port complex.
- Perform general groundskeeping of Port property, including sweeping, raking, shoveling, painting, power washing and garbage disposal.
- Perform landscape maintenance work throughout the marina complex, including mowing, trimming, weeding and raking.
- Fill the role of fuel dock attendant as assigned.
- Respond positively to customers and visitors, answering questions and handling requests that fall within the scope of the position's responsibilities. Refer other requests and issues to appropriate personnel.
- Provide assistance with special projects and tasks as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two (2) years related experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Related work experience in janitorial, groundskeeping, light maintenance and working with the public is desirable.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos in English. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, clients and coworkers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute fees and percentages.
Valid driver’s license, insurability under the Port of Everett auto insurance plan, and the ability to secure and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Must occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and taste or smell. Must routinely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Must operate equipment, including but not limited to, sweepers, lawnmowers, leaf blowers, power washers and edge trimmers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, nighttime vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The Port of Everett is committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without discrimination on the basis of religion, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, national origin, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or disability status. Applicants who require assistance with the recruitment process will be reasonably accommodated.