Uniform Security Officer- SOUND TRANSIT/$500 Sign-on
Phoenix Protective Corporation, a regional security company, prides itself on employee ownership and outstanding customer service. At PPC our mission is to provide outstanding service and safety to our customers, while providing a genuine opportunity for personal growth and advancement to our team members. We offer full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, PTO and EAP).
PPC is busier than ever, and we are looking for experienced team members, as well as those that have a general interest in the security industry.
We currently have a career opportunity for Uniform Security Officer in Pierce, King, and Snohomish Counties. These positions are site specific with Sound Transit Mobile Patrol. $500 sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment. * Must meet requirements*
Receive excellent hands-on training with our National Certified Training Instructors to include Defensive Tactics, OC Foam, Use of Restraints, and AVADE. This is an exciting opportunity if you are looking for stability and experience.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas in vehicle and on foot
- Obtain and maintain a WA State Security Certification within 60 days
- Maintain all Licenses, Certifications, and Equipment
- Perform patrol checks at varying locations within assigned patrol route
- Maintain site security, and watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exit
- Prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Build and maintain positive relationships within the community, protect the well established reputation of Sound Transit.
- Display a professional demeanor, appearance, integrity, with attention to detail
- Carry defensive tools after training and certification
- Assist first responders when appropriate
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must meet eligibility requirements to drive company vehicle and have a valid DRIVER'S LICENSE.
- Must have an acceptable driving record
- Pass pre-employment drug testing (This will include THC)
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule weekend, holidays, days or night
- Preferred 2 years of military, security, law enforcement, corrections, fire, EMS, customer service or relevant college degree in the field
- Must be willing to attend mandatory training for a designated period. Training will be paid at minimum wage.
- Must pass a background certification
- Genuine desire and interest in the security industry
- Ability to stand 100% of shift and physically restrain others
- Reliable transportation
- Basic computer skills to include Word and Outlook
- Strong communication/writing skills
- Ability to obtain a Washington State Security License
- 21 years of age and older
Starting Wage $25-$30 per hour, based on experience and potential. Please apply online www.phoenixprotectivecorp.com
Women, Minorities and Veterans encouraged to apply.