Relationship ManagerPeoples Bank
Provides new and existing customers with high quality service and specializes in assessing customer needs. Develops and maintains relationships with key business and consumer customers referring them to appropriate banking partners when needed. This individual is the primary new accounts and consumer lending specialist in the branch. They perform with a high regard to detail, selling to customer needs, while consistently providing professional and courteous service.
I. Relationship Management/Product Knowledge/Sales Activity
- Ability to offer a high level of customer service
- Possesses product knowledge of all personal and business products/services including all e-banking products/services
- Ability to assess customer needs, make product recommendations, open products/services and/or appropriately refer to other banking partners
- Possesses a strong knowledge of consumer loan structure and credit solutions to appropriately fit the customers lending needs
- Ability to build and establish trusted relationships with key customers through relationship management calls
- Demonstrates cross selling and referral skills
- Sets and obtains specific deposit generation and loan production goals with branch manager to align with branch budget
- Advanced proficiency in Baker Hill/Client Advisor
II. Business Development/Community Involvement
- Participates in outside business development activities at the direction of the branch manager
III. Regulatory and Procedural Compliance
- Possesses and demonstrates advanced knowledge of and compliance with all Federal and State regulations
- Possesses knowledge of robbery and security procedures
- Possesses and demonstrates advanced knowledge of internal policy and procedure and utilize resources (ie. Operations Manual, Compliance Manual, etc.)
- Possesses and demonstrates advanced knowledge of operational legal issues.
- Part of the Branch Management team; serves in a supervisory capacity in the absence of the Branch Manager and the Operations Manager
- Assists Customer Service Representatives and Universal Bankers in branch with questions
- Performs back-up duties for other positions in the branch as needed, including Universal Banker as needed
- Ability to handle most customer inquiries
- Ability to accept and process customer and account level maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
Successful completion of all Relationship Manager training within 12 months from date of hire (includes Universal Banker training). NMLS registration is also required.
- Desire and ability to excel at sales
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Understanding of lending regulations
- Professional and high regard for confidentiality
- Knowledge of banking products, policies and procedures
- Mature, outgoing, professional attitude with customers, prospects and co-workers
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Must project a professional appearance
- Accurate keyboarding skills. PC experience with Word & Excel preferred
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Minimum five years customer service experience.
- Minimum three years banking and sales experience; lending background preferred.