Mill MachinistOnamac Industries, Inc
1st shift 6am to 2:30pm Mon-Friday
2nd shift 2:20pm to 10:50am Mon-Friday
Weekend Shift 6am to 6pm work 36 get paid 40
The CNC Mill Operator is responsible for set-up, run, tear down 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC Mills to fabricate aerospace parts per engineering specifications without supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Can demonstrate ability to set-up, run, tear down 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC Mills and dimensionally maintain quality in a production environment.
• Good Inspection Skills and Blueprint reading skills with ability to use all shop inspection tools.
• Basic Troubleshooting skills and must be able to recognize production problems such as out-of-tolerance Machining, poor finishes, damaged or worn cutters, and tooling.
• Ability to dial in a hole or Edge-Find and set Machine Offsets.
• Basic understanding of G & M code.
• Versatility across multiple machine centers is a plus.
• Meets job standard times with minimal supervision.
• Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
• Follow schedule set by supervisor
• Observe machine during operation
• Other duties as assigned
• In order to comply with U.S. government regulations applicable to this position, all applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a “protected individual”, as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
Education and Experience:
• 0-3+ years experience on CNC Mills
Preferred, but not required
• Experience in aerospace industry
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to consistently run good parts that meet production standards.
• Able to read blue prints
• Excellent attention to detail
• Language Skills: Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret work instructions, drawing and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in English.
• Mathematical Skills: Strong Geometry knowledge is foundational. Must also be able to convert metric to inch and do decimal to fraction conversions. Must be impeccable with decimal placement.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The CNC Mill Operator works in the machine shop environment throughout the workday; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc. Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur, as well as possible skin and inhaled contact with chemicals used to run CNC machines or clean manufactured parts, including solvents and acetone. Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.