Substitute School Bus DriverMukilteo School District
SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVER
$23.62 / Hourly
Applications are being accepted for substitute bus drivers. Substitute drivers work a variety of shifts and are on an on-call basis. Interviews and training courses will be conducted as needed.
- Be at least 21 years of age and at least three years driving a passenger vehicle.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Satisfactory driving record.
- High school education or its equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, perform basic math, follow and interpret written/oral directions.
- Demonstrated positive interaction and communication with students, staff, and general public.
- Valid Washington State Bus Driver Certification; obtained by successful completion of driver training, First Aid and CPR courses.
- Applicants must disclose any employment drug/alcohol testing within the last two years. Test results will be verified.
- Successful candidates will be required to participate in a mandatory bus driver training course.
- “B” class CDL w/School Bus endorsement on Washington State driver’s license (training provided)
- Drive and supervise students to/from school safely
- Handle emergency situations calmly and efficiently
- Be on-call for routes, starting at 6:00 a.m.
- Be knowledgeable driving all buses in the transportation fleet
- Know the location of each school within Mukilteo School District
- Be able to drive to/from each school within efficient time
- Be able to read maps and data sheets for routes
- Maintain daily paperwork/records
- Conduct pre- and post-trip inspections
- Maintain clean bus (sweep, clean windows, wash bus)
TRAINING CLASS REQUIREMENTS:
- 40+ hours of classroom and/or in-bus, on the road training
- Quiz held after each classroom day
- Driving hours to include driving transit-style, conventional-style, and mini buses
- Know basic rules of the road