Substitute Paraeducator, Job 21-503
Mukilteo School District Needs Substitute Paraeducators
Substitute Paraeducators work a variety of shifts and are on an on-call basis. Interviews will be conducted as needed. Applications are currently being accepted only for substitutes who are able and willing to support on-site instruction at school buildings.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Apply to website: https://mukilteo.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=8812
Pursuant to Washington law, you must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire. Please do not submit proof of vaccination with your application materials.
JOB TITLE: Substitute Paraeducator
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Paraeducator - MESP
REPORTS TO: Principal
Assist the teacher with planning, preparation and delivery of a quality instructional program based upon state standards, district curriculum, and effective instruction for students with diverse learning needs. Supervise students at recess, in the cafeteria, library, assistance for students riding the bus and perform crossing guard duties before and after school. May assist with implementation of special education services for students i.e., IEP goals, medical assistance, physical support and personal care.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job.
- Demonstrated knowledge of math, spelling, reading, grammar, and punctuation.
- Desire and aptitude to work with students.
- Ability to positively and professionally interact with students, supervisors, and staff.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a team situation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage student behavior.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and meet deadlines in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to operate or willingness to learn to operate standard classroom equipment.
- Ability to provide for the physical, health and safety needs of students.
- Demonstrated ability to provide physical assistance for and properly lift students in and out of chairs in accordance with safe lifting requirements and the use of adaptive equipment as required.
- Knowledge of computer applications used to assist with student learning.
- Ability to strengthen job-related competencies.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Depending on assignment, may be required to complete behavior modification programs, including safe physical restraining techniques and/or other training as required.
Job related experience desired.
Mukilteo School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator Dan Dizon (425-356-1319), firstname.lastname@example.org, Section 504 Coordinator Lisa Pitsch (425-356-1277), email@example.com, and the ADA/Access Coordinator Karen Mooseker (425-356-1330), firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 9401 Sharon Drive in Everett, WA. Inquiries regarding ADA/Access issues at Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center should be directed to Wes Allen, Director (425-348-2220) email@example.com. Address: 9001 Airport Road in Everett, WA 98204.
|Primary Location||District Wide|
|Salary Range||$21.97 / Hourly|