Parent LiaisonMukilteo School District
This is a 6 hour per day, 180 day, non-represented position with benefits at Olivia Park Elementary School. The parent liaison at Olivia Park is the link between the school and our parent community. Duties include but are not limited to: inform parents of resources and events by posting on the school website and Facebook page and attend weekly Guidance Team meetings on Thursday mornings. Attend PTA monthly meetings on Thursday evenings and support their events. Coordinate our Friday Food Backpack Program and secure resources for our families in need. Lastly, welcome new families to Olivia Park by providing tours and coordinate meetings with families. Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
This position is open until July 29, 2019 and starts on September 4, 2019.
JOB TITLE: Parent Liaison
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-Represented
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Teaching & Learning or Principal
Work in collaboration with the building principal to engage families and strengthen partnerships between families and schools.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Welcome new parents and students and assist in providing an orientation to the school.
- Act as a facilitator for parents seeking to get involved in the school program.
- Maintain a parent email database to use for providing information regarding school policies, activities and opportunities for parent involvement. Parents will receive newsletter articles, parent handbook and other information by email or in person.
- Direct parents to appropriate individuals when they have a need to communicate.
- Provide school information to parents and students regarding resources, volunteer opportunities and school events.
- Coordinate the school volunteer program.
- Seek positive solutions with parents, staff and students.
- Help coordinate and support 5th to 6th grade and 8th and 9th grade transition.
- Attend school events and participate in meetings and training for the purpose of sharing information, implementing school initiatives and addressing student needs.
- Comply with District Policies.
- Maintain consistent presence at assigned worksite and regularly work hours specified.
- Such other related job duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job.
- Skill and ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Skill and ability to follow and give written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to develop positive, amenable relationships with staff, students, and public.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a team situation.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain trust and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and ability to successfully write routine documents using correct format, correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various software programs related to job responsibilities.
- Skill and abilities of effective organization and efficiency.
- Skill and abilities of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Skill and ability with operating office equipment including telephones, copiers and printers.
- Ability to operate basic computer systems including Microsoft Windows devices and Chromebooks.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft applications and Office 365 Suite and Google Suite.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Parent of a present or former student and currently living in the respective school service area preferred.
- Previous involvement with a parent organization or school committee preferred.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Spanish preferred.