Looking for a CNC Machinist that can set up and operate numerically controlled horizontal/vertical lathe, mill to perform machining operations (turning, boring, facing, threading) using castings, forgings, and bar stock. Reads process sheets, work instructions and blueprints to determine machining to be performed.
- High school graduate with strong math and trigonometry abilities. Technical degree preferred but not required with Commensurate experience.
- 5-10 years of precision machining and/or Aerospace environment.
- Blueprint reading skills to include Advanced GD&T
- Programming is a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up, program and operate equipment as directed
- Complete customer product requirements as associated with work order
- Determine appropriate tooling/gages for part production/inspection
- Perform in-process inspection as required to ensure 100% quality product
- Identify discrepancies in estimated setup and run times and resolve with Plant Supervisor.
- Responsible for document and data control of programs, tool lists, and other related data with respect to job packets and M2M data.
- Responsible for cleaning and performing general maintenance on equipment
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized work area
- Responsible for stopping production if a part or process problem is identified and notifying leader or quality personnel
- Initiate nonconforming product procedures when necessary
- Assist in training of other machinists
- Responsible for identification and elimination of any unnecessary waste
- Participate in corrective and preventative activities as required
- Participate in and support the Mistequay Quality System and Environmental, Health and Safety policies
- Responsible to participate in continuous improvement and associated training
- Responsible to adhere to the company Quality Policy, and to understand and follow all applicable Quality Work Instructions and Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED
General programming skills
Basic shop math (addition, subtraction, trigonometry)
Blueprint reading and GD&T skills
Ability to perform part inspection using inspection equipment
Good understanding of gage calibration
Ability to perform own set-ups helpful
Basic understanding of Quality Systems
Technical trade certification or related experience