Security SpecialistInterCon Security Systems, Inc
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. – Renton, WA
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading, U.S.-owned, internationally recognized security company, providing a full range of physical security services to government and commercial customers on three continents. Inter-Con is an industry leader in several geographic markets and functional areas of security, and is a major provider of security services to local, state, U.S. federal, and national government agencies. Inter-Con has achieved a position of international leadership in the field of diplomatic security provided to the U.S. and foreign governments.
We are seeking security specialists who will work in professionally demanding environments in the Seattle area.
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation
- Possesses or are eligible for the Washington State Security license
- Previous estate, facilities, and field security experience, including remote monitoring, access control, physical security emergency response, as well as, a high level of customer service abilities.
- Prior training in emergency medical response, defensive tactics, and public engagement techniques
- Professional and positive communication style
- Ability to maintain a high-level of attentiveness and energy for long periods of time
- Adaptability and flexibility in a changing environment
- Exercise mature operational judgment and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Physically fit and able to pass pre-employment background and assessment tests.
- Former or reserve military or law enforcement experience desired but not required
- College degree desired but not required
- Those in possession of security teaching credentials or certifications desired but not required (State Certified Security Instructor, MOAB and/or CPR/FA training certified, EMT)
- Due to restricted public transportation to certain sites candidates must have a WA DL and reliable transportation. Parking provided.
Security specialists are responsible for enhancing safety and security. Operations are managed from an operations center to effectively monitor facility activity, respond to challenges, and efficiently communicate across functional areas.
- Flexibility in shift scheduling and availability.
- Execute security and access control procedures to ensure safety of facilities.
- Respond to emergency medical response for security incidents.
- Systemically monitor security technologies to identify and resolve security risks.
- Provide executive protection, logistics and communication support as needed.
- Maintain physical and mental readiness to respond to emergencies, long durations of standing, and activities that may include running and maintaining long schedules.
- Drug free and smoke free environment.
- Starting wage $20.76/hour for the first year. Following one year of service wage will increase to $23.42/hour with opportunities up to $30.23/hour. Upon completion of initial training employees receive a onetime $1500.00 training bonus. Employees will be eligible for medical/dental/vision benefits, 401k with matching, bi-annual performance/tenure based bonuses and longevity bonuses of $100 per year payable at the completion of every 5 years of service.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc., is an EOE, M/F/D/V, with a Drug-Free Workplace