Accounting AssociateInnovative Ag Services
Primary Obejective: To assist the company in maintaining accurate accounting and inventory records for management and board of directors. Assist locations with accurate computer operation and accounting procedures as well as reviewing and correcting transactions entered for customers and vendors.
Areas of Accountability:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
Process Accounts Payable
- Review non-inventory invoices submitted by locations for appropriate general ledger coding and evidence of proper approvals, and proper use of preferred company forms.
- Vouch invoices: Insure proper authorization; inventory payments authorized by a receiving transaction and Non-Inventory authorized by proper approval. Mindful of appropriate due date. Finance charges should be avoided. Monitor invoices for sales and use tax applying current sales tax laws.
- Maintain detailed activity support for individual prepaid supplier contracts and IAS owned chemical inventory held at Winfield United warehouses.
- Enter payments to customers: Insure proper authorization and documentation for Customer Refunds, Equity payouts and Agronomy Complaints.
- Process check run: follow current procedures in light of internal control restrictions to select appropriate vendors to pay by either check or draft and forward the physical checks to the Controller to release.
- Maintain accounts payable filing system.
Maintain integrity of the Vendor Master file
- Create new and maintain existing vendor numbers including appropriate name, remit to address, tax type and payment arrangements.
- Obtain proper tax documentation including a W-9 form and proper IRS confirmation.
Assist in the management of the inventory quantities on hand.
- Understand and communicate IAS best practices for the Inventory Receiving process; including purchase order creation or identification proper Blanket PO, correct item number, Quantity and Unit of measure and appropriate BOL source number.
- Work with location personnel on identifying and reconciling inventory discrepancies resulting from unmatched inventory receivers. Search for the root cause and communicate best practices to all locations.
Maintain integrity of the Inventory Item Master file
- Continuously review the Inventory Item Master to the supplier inventory item descriptions to maintain consistency and a clean file.
Support management and external reporting by preparing various reports and analysis as requested. External reporting includes but is not limited to sales tax, tonnage tax and fertilizer tax reports.
General Finance Department Duties
- Champion Continuous Improvement
- General ledger journal entries and GL account reconciliations.
- Supplier Statement reconciliations.
- Answer Finance phone, order company supplies, mail. Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Microsoft Office suite programs, including Word and Excel proficiency
- Strong people skills, good phone etiquette, follows directions, meets deadlines.
- Working knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping.
- Health, Dental and Vision
Click apply now to apply online today!