Registered Nurse (Outpatient)
Indian Health Service is hiring for an Full-Time RN (Outpatient) in Polacca, AZ.
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized in addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement:
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS. Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be covered.
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $51,708 - $75,267 Per Year
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program
- Loan repayment of $20,000 a year/IHS Loan Repayment Program
- NHSC Loan Repayment Program
- Competitive Salary
- 10% evening/night differential
- 25% weekend differential
- 13- 26 days’ vacation
- 13 sick days, 10 Federal Holidays
- Numerous health plans to choose; continue in retirement
- Transfer opportunities-1 license/50 states
- Outstanding Federal Benefits Plan
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in addition to salary
- Provide comprehensive professional nursing care to patients.
- Input patient care information in manual and automated record systems.
- Perform procedures, treatments and medication administration.
- Administer medication orally, intramuscularly, subcutaneously, topically, etc.
- Provide instructions to patient and/or family members.
- Must have Registered Nurse (RN) license or certification
- Must be a US Citizen
- 1 or more years’ RN experience
- Outpatient/Clinical experience preferred
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
We are located just east of the intersection of Hwy 87 and Hwy 264 in northern Arizona in an area called First Mesa. The Hopi people settled into this land in the area where three mesas stand side by side, dotted with quaint reservation villages scattered throughout the three mesas. Each mesa and each village has its own history and a surprising variation in traditions. The village of Polacca has a convenience store with an ATM, a post office (zip code 86042), as well as a few other small stores, mostly selling arts and crafts. The village of Keams Canyon, approximately 11 miles to the east, has a small grocery store/restaurant/trading post, a post office, a gas station, and a few small stores. Larger towns such as Flagstaff, AZ (2 hour drive), Winslow, AZ (1 hour drive), Gallup, NM (1½ hour drive), and Dilkon, AZ (45 minutes drive) offer a wider selection of shopping and entertainment. The Southwest region has many other attractions such as hiking, camping, mountain biking, rafting/canoeing, fishing, skiing/snowboarding, and dozens of state and national parks in the surrounding Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado areas. While many of these activities are a bit of a drive (between 1-5 hours for most), there are often local groups traveling from the reservation to the cities or on outdoor adventure trips on the weekends.