Seasonal Field Assistant
Assist the direct Field Supervisor and Field Assistant in the following general duties:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Landscaping tasks such as driving a mower, raking, weeding, and line trimming.
- Safely operate hand tools and assigned power equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with the public, supervisors, and other staff members of the District.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
- Ability to shovel and sweep for extended periods.
- Ability to work and move around on rugged terrain without assistance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Follow OSHS and WISHA safety laws.
- Operate department vehicles in a proper and safe manner.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and have the physical ability to perform the job functions.
LICENSES and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- A valid Washington State driver’s license is required.
- Current Traffic Control Flagger Certification is preferred, but not required.
- Fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus prior to start date.
Please complete a Highland Water District application form (downloaded at www.highlandwaterdistrrict.com) and attach resume and cover letter.
Highland Water District is an equal opportunity employer. Any person requiring ADA accommodation advise the District of the needed. Please call (360) 794-6900.
Location 24602 Old Owen Rd, Monroe, WA 98272 Mailing Address: PO Box 158, Monroe, WA 98272
RATE OF PAY: $18.00 -22.00