Director of CommunicationsEverett Public Schools
Director of Communications
Annual Salary $157,796.00 (2017-2018)
Provides leadership, strategic vision, and supervision of the District’s public information and communications program to include internal and external communications and relations.
Serves under the broad guidance and administrative supervision of the Superintendent. Is held responsible for results of planning effectiveness, policies, and programs; and for contribution to and achievement of district goals and objectives. Work is guided by, and must be in compliance with, federal and state law, policy direction of the School Board, and compliance with state and local regulatory agencies.
- Incumbents must have successful experience in working with culturally diverse families and communities or have otherwise demonstrated a commitment to strengthening engagement of a diverse community and skill in communicating with a diverse population.
- Bachelor’s degree in assigned or closely related areas of study.
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications-related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and understanding of client-centered support and services.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and meet deadlines. Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization. 4 July 2018
- Ability to remain calm, deliberate, tactful, and advisory in stressful and emotional situations.
- Ability to work long hours and unpredictable hours, depending upon emerging issues and program needs.
- Program or operational leadership level experience in public education.
A great place to work...17 elementary, 5 middle and 4 high schools with more than 2,000 staff members
Diversity...20,000+ students who speak more than 90 different languages
Supportive community...voters consistently approve funding for schools and staff above the state's basic formula as well as long-term funding for facility and technology improvements
Diverse, growing community...located twenty-five miles north of Seattle, Snohomish County offers a friendly, small-town atmosphere amid a spectacular natural setting with easy access to the amenities of a major metropolitan area.
Great learning opportunities...hundreds of staff development classes and workshops are offered each year on subjects such as technology, special education, instructional skills and student behavior.
Outstanding benefits...competitive benefits with excellent health, vision and dental benefits as well as life and disability insurance.
Commitment to academic excellence...staff are focused on continual learning improvement to ensure that each student acquires the skills and knowledge needed to thrive as a lifelong learner and responsible citizen in a changing world. Everett students consistently perform well on state and national assessments.
Great region for culture and fun...downhill and cross-country skiing is 45 minutes away in the North Cascades. Hiking, camping, climbing and backpacking destinations abound while the waters of Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands provide unparalleled boating, fishing, sailing and kayaking. A full symphony and live theater are part of Everett's cultural offerings.