IT Database Architect/AnalystEverett Community College
IT Database Architect/Analyst
Join EvCC in our mission to create life-changing educational opportunities. Work as a member of a team to develop and integrate SQL data back-ends and end-user interfaces for internal applications and third party software ERPs such as 25Live, Starfish or PeopleSoft. It is often necessary to balance multiple projects in various stages of development as priorities and resources change. Work with the other members of the development team to make decisions regarding the architecture, design and implementation of solutions.
- Five or more years of professional experience as a software developer, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or greater) in a production environment
- Strong working knowledge of query, index and DB I/O performance tuning, and SQL coding.
- Experience with SQL Server troubleshooting; ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues.
- Experience writing stored procedures, triggers, user-defined functions, etc.
- Good working knowledge of security best practices in web / software development
- Experience in building and deploying secure, large scale, public facing web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users and work with clients to define comprehensive requirements
- Familiarity with database design and normalization
- Experience with all stages of the software development lifecycle, from analysis & requirements through maintenance
- Evidence of successfully working with diverse teams and work environments.
- Ability to work both independently, with minimum supervision, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, build, test and maintain both small and large (i.e., enterprise) projects.
- Ability to manage tasks for multiple projects
- Experience with Enterprise OLAP Environment Administration, including SSIS/ SSRS/ SSAS experience.
- Excellent understanding of query execution plans.
- Deep understanding of database design principals.
- Web development experience with Adobe Cold Fusion.
- Familiarity with Section 508 requirements and/or WC3 Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Experience working in or with Higher Education
$59,448 to $77,988 annually plus benefits
This is a temporary project position with expected duration through June 30, 2021. Continuation is dependent on renewed or continued grant funding.