Ambulatory Surgery Center - Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room (OR)Everett Clinic
Ambulatory Surgery Center - Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room (OR) part-time and full-time opportunities located in Everett and Edmonds, WA!
The OR RN functions as an integral member of the healthcare team to deliver exceptional patient care and assists with the supervision of nonprofessional personnel in the area. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, RN anticipates the needs of the surgical team and provides such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment.
The OR RN is responsible for:
- Assesses the health status of the patient to develop an individualized plan of care by collecting, categorizing and interpreting data (physical and psychosocial) from documented information, observation, patient/family interview and other health care team members.
- Develops a nursing care plan based on the assessment of the patient that included nursing diagnosis, patient goals and nursing interventions necessary to achieve these goals.
- Implements the nursing care plan to provide optimal individualized care for the patient.
- Instructs the patient and family to assist the patient in the achievement of optimal health status.
- Documents nursing activities to provide a permanent record, for continuity of care, quality improvement and professional accountability.
Preferred Experience and RN Credentials:
- Minimum of two (2) years of perioperative nursing experience, i.e. scrubbing and circulating required. Requires demonstrated advanced level of achievement of performance standards for intraoperative nursing according to AORN (Association of perioperative Registered Nurses) standards of practice.
- Current State Registered Nurse License required. Current BLS and ACLS certification (within 3 months of hire) required Membership in the Association of Operating Room Nurses preferred. CNOR (Certified Nurse Operating Room) preferred.