School Bus DriverEdmonds School District
About the Position
We are currently hiring School Bus Drivers. Part-time and substitute positions available. No experience required. All training, lasting approximatley 4 to 7 weeks, will be provided at minimum wage. Enjoy working Monday-Friday with holidays and school breaks off. This is challenging, exciting, and rewarding work serving a diverse population of students in the areas of Edmonds, Lynnwood, and Brier, Mountlake Terrace. Apply online today and join our team!
Next Driver Training class begins July 9th
Interviews will be held throughout June for our summer driver training class.
- Be on-call for routes, starting as early as 5:00 a.m. (Hours vary greatly according to the assignment.)
- Safely transport students to/from school and on field trips.
- Drive large and small school buses with automatic transmission.
- Read maps and follow directions/run sheets for routes.
- Successful student behavior management.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections.
- Assist students in the loading and unloading process.
- Clean and maintain school buses and fuel buses as required.
- Maintain composure under pressure.
- Update daily paperwork/records.
- At least 21 years old.
- Valid Washington State driver's license.
- Good driving record.
- Pass a background/fingerprint check; subject to random drug tests after hire.
- Skills in written and verbal communication.
- Willing to obtain a Commercial Driver's License - all necessary training will be provided by the School District.
2018-19 Salary Schedule: $24.50 per hour.
(Salary increase anticipated for the upcoming school year.)
We offer a competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, Washington State Retirement plan, and other benefits for qualifying positions. Employees who work an average of 17.5 hours per week are entitled to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.