ParaeducatorEdmonds School District
Paraeducator – Multiple Positions Available! We offer competitive salaries, excellent health benefits, and opportunities to advance your career in education.
About the Edmonds School District:
- Edmonds School District is one of the largest employers in Snohomish County.
- We serve over 21,000 students and operate 35 schools in the communities of Brier, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Woodway and other portions of unincorporated Snohomish County.
- Join a team known for a collaborative work environment and low staff turnover.
- Our student body is remarkably diverse with 115 different languages spoken at home.
Paraeducators work collaboratively with certificated teachers in special education classrooms or other learning environments. The Paraeducator assists with a variety of instructional support and supervision duties of students who are in need of academic assistance and have learning, communication, physical, behavioral or emotional disabilities. This position prepares educational materials and monitors students' progress, behavior, and safety. Hourly rates up to $20.93.
- At least 18 years old.
- High school diploma or its equivalent, and
- Two years of study at an institution of higher education (72 quarter credits or 48 semester credits), or have obtained an AA degree or higher, or
- Successfully passed the ETS Parapro Assessment.
- Near I-5 and the I-405 northern interchange, Sounder Train, and in the near future Light Rail Transit.
- A wide variety of restaurants for getting lunch and 175 shops at the Alderwood Mall.
- A safe community that provides great support for schools and takes pride in its the visual and performing arts culture.
Why Should You Apply?
- Annual wage increases in alignment with market value.
- Mon-Fri shifts and time off during school vacation periods.
- Excellent benefits, including paid time off, medical, vision, dental, and State retirement.
- Edmonds School District is committed to workplace diversity and aims to attract and retain employees with the right skills, knowledge, and life experiences to meet the needs of each vacancy. We encourage individuals of different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives to apply and seek those who actively embrace our equity-focused direction for the future.
Get paid while serving your community! This is an exciting and rewarding position.