Construction Safety Coordinator
Based out of Bellingham, Washington, Dawson Construction is a general contractor working on projects like education facilities; hospitals and healthcare centers; infrastructure, multi-family housing; industrial, and mixed-use facilities. Dawson is searching for a Safety Coordinator to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to be a key part of a successful team with a strong safety culture. As the Safety Coordinator, you will provide innovative solutions to ensure the successful and safe execution of various construction projects
The Safety Coordinator is a corporate position reporting to the corporate Safety Manager and is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the Safety department function including implementing the company’s safety and health programs, policies, and training. The candidate must be able to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide-ranging weather conditions/terrains and traveling as required for projects. Overnight travel to Alaska and other jobsites will occasionally be required.
The Construction Safety Coordinator will:
- Become a valued resource and engage with field employees to ensure safety is an everyday topic and contribute to a safe working environment for everyone.
- Be familiar with WAC and federal safety regulations and how they are applied within the construction process.
- Work directly with project superintendents, subcontractors, and other project stakeholders to ensure the Dawson Safety policies are constantly implemented.
- Audit field operations for compliance with regulatory standards and the corporate safety policy and report to project superintendents and project managers.
- Conduct near-miss and accident investigations to identify root causes, corrective actions, and draft incident reports.
- Provide formal and informal safety training.
- Identify and track leading safety & quality metrics.
- Bring ideas and enthusiasm to contribute to our pursuit of safety excellence.
- Expectation is to spend 60% or more time in the field.
- Minimum 2-3 years' construction safety experience within the general building industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety/Quality and/or Risk Management preferred
- OSHA 30 Certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of construction safety, current Federal OSHA, and WA DOSH requirements
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.