Assistant Project ManagerDawson Construction
Based in Bellingham, Washington, Dawson Construction is growing and looking for an experienced, motivated Assistant Project Manager to join our team. This position assists the Project Manager with planning, directing, and managing several commercial construction projects at a time. The Assistant Project Manager is a take-charge leader with a strong customer focus, a sense of urgency, a concern and respect for safety, and the desire to achieve quality in the final product.
- Assist with project delivery from pre-construction through commissioning, focused on achieving high quality, site safety, and aggressive schedules.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of team members to build and lead a cohesive team.
- Assist with bidding, conducting material take-offs, and soliciting quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Provide technical support to the Project Manager and Superintendent, and act as the secondary point of contact with clients, architects, consultants, subcontractors, and suppliers regarding status reports, updates, and addressing customer needs.
- Assist with negotiating subcontracts, subcontractor and vendor buyout, preparation and tracking of contracts and procurement of submittals and materials.
- Assist with day to day coordination of subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Review shop drawings and submittals for compliance with the contract documents and processes within the time frames needed by the project schedule.
- Familiar with industry trends and techniques such as Lean Construction.
- Assist with documenting, negotiating and processing change orders.
- Assist with survey and layout.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management and 2-3 years of field experience.
- Able to read and interpret construction documents, plans, and specifications
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Extremely organized and exhibit a high attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple team members
- Available to work overtime if necessary
- Bilingual Preferred
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a culture of continuous improvement and opportunity for career advancement through continued company growth.
Dawson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace