Financial Technician 1
Cross Valley Water District Job Announcement
Financial Technician 1
Open until filled, first review of applicants 11/30/2020
Salary Range Step 1 $4,116.00 – Step 7 $5,516.00/Monthly.
Excellent Benefits Package
Hiring offer is dependent on experience
Cross Valley Water District is accepting applications for a full time Finance Technician 1 to assist in customer relations and account management for our water/sewer system.
This position performs a variety of accounting clerical duties; participates in the District’s bi-monthly utility billing, shut-offs and cross connection program; receives and responds to customer service billing questions; maintains and updates customer accounts; posts cash receipts; prepares bank deposits; processes utility billing invoices and checks; sorts and distributes mail; greets and assists customers and guests. This position performs all essential duties as described in this description or any other duties as required or assigned.
- Customer service techniques and telephone etiquette
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and business communications
- Collection practices, basic mathematics, and bookkeeping
- Accounting fundamentals and practices
- Advanced basic to beginning intermediate Excel
- Microsoft Office Suites
- Cash Handling practices
- Performing a variety of calculations and paying attention to detail and accuracy
- Computers and related accounting software applications
- Reviewing, researching, verifying and reconciling accounting information
- Operating a ten-key calculator by touch
- Maintaining attention to timelines, detail and accuracy
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Consistently applying accounting policies, practices and procedures
- Communication both written and oral and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers,
supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work
- Maintain confidentiality, prioritize work, and cope with interruptions, changes and rigid deadlines.
- Project an image of professionalism through appearance, cooperation, compatibility, punctuality and
- Apply effective customer service techniques; respond to customer inquiries and complaints in a courteous,
understanding and concerned manner.
- Maintain various filing systems.
- Prepare clear and concise written letters, memos and reports.
- Pay attention to detail and accuracy.
- Efficiently and effectively perform data entry and word processing.
- Effectively use various types of office equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all organization levels and with the public.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: At least one year of related experience. Cash Handling/Banking, AP, PR and billing experience
Education: High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED). One year of college accounting or
vocational training is preferred.
Click Apply Now to view full job description and application instructions.
Cross Valley Water District is a Drug-free and Tobacco-free workplace.