Facilities Maintenance Technician IICommunity Transit
Facilities Maintenance Technician II
Facilities Maintenance Technician II, will recognize, diagnose & resolve transit building related systems & equipment malfunctions, perform preventive maintenance & repair either while safely performing skilled and unskilled labor in a variety of disciplines.
Works safely & independently to perform variety of skilled & unskilled duties related to troubleshooting, repair, maintenance of commercial transit buildings, park and rides, bus stops and related equipment in all areas of the divisions responsibilities. Including:
- Carpentry (remodel & miscellaneous construction)
- Welding (GIG, MIG, gas and/or arc), metal fabrication and repair
- Concrete work (general)
- Roofing - minor repair and maintenance
- Grounds maintenance
- Furniture and equipment moving
- HVAC systems and related electrical controls
- Electrical distribution (shall work on voltages up to 480 volts, 3 phase)
- Motors and related electrical controls
- Low voltage electrical system troubleshooting and installation
- Compressed Air Systems
- Plumbing and piping installation/repair
- Painting; latex, oil base and two part industrial products
- Equipment operation and servicing & Locksmith work (general)
Maintains professional communications, appearance, conduct, & customer service with others. Collaborates to solve work-related problems cooperatively & professionally. Follows directives, procedures & policies. Efficiently prioritizes tasks & assignments. Maintains preventive maintenance schedules. Prepares & maintains written/electronic documentation.
Minimum 5 years Facilities or Maintenance, troubleshooting and repair experience. Journey level skills and/or certifications in facilities related maintenance & repair. Must possess valid WA Sate driver’s license at time of hire with excellent driving record. See minimum & preferred qualifications on-line.
Only online applications received on or before 5:00 pm October 22, 2018 will be accepted.
To apply: https://careers-commtrans.icims.com.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.