Facilities Maintenance Technician ICommunity Transit
Facilities Maintenance Technician I
The Facilities Maintenance Technician I, under the supervision of the Facilities Manager or designee, is responsible for performing, independently or in a teamwork environment, a variety of manual labor and semi-skilled tasks using all types of small power and hand tools, power washing equipment, and miscellaneous equipment for the completion of assigned tasks. Tasks are associated with commercial transit building components, bus stops, shelters, and park and ride property maintenance, repairs and assembly, cleaning and janitorial duties and grounds maintenance.
Essential Duties of this assignment are:
- Perform required activities in a safe manner as it relates to the repair and maintenance of buildings, shelters, stops and related equipment in all areas of the division’s responsibility.
- Perform physical labor and routine maintenance tasks as may be assigned, such as, but not limited to, painting, grounds keeping, graffiti/trash/litter removal, carpentry, furniture assembly and set up, office moves and relocations, lighting and electrical service, minor plumbing repairs, proactive and preventative equipment maintenance, bus shelter maintenance, assembly and repairs and construction tasks.
- Actively promote and maintain professional and respectful interactions within the Community Transit team and with external customers.
- Manage and maintain work order data in CMMS software through data entry.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Two years of trade school or two years of recent (within past 7 years) experience performing a variety of semi-skilled building maintenance and/or construction work is required. Must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license at the time of hire and have a good driving record.
Full list of entry requirements/qualifications at: https://careers-commtrans.icims.com.
Application Process - Applicants who meet minimum requirements may be scheduled for tests & interview to demonstrate knowledge, & skills for position. Evaluation process may include interviews, background checks, references and various performance tests. On-line Applications Only - Received no later than 5:00 pm Monday, October 22, 2018. Apply https://careers-commtrans.icims.com. Incomplete applications not considered.
Community Transit provides tobacco and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.