Environmental AnalystCommunity Transit
$78,837 - $110,370 DOE
The Environmental Analyst is Community Transit’s expert on environmental issues, working on complex problems or projects where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of variables using specialized technical concepts creatively and effectively. This position is responsible for developing programs geared toward ensuring and documenting compliance with environmental regulations at the federal, state and local level. This is both a strategic and hands-on position.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in environmental studies, natural sciences, engineering, risk management or closely related field. Two years of acceptable work experience may substitute for each year of an academic degree program.
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience overseeing environmental compliance program.
- Demonstrated competency in interpreting and applying environmental regulations.
- Investigative work that includes detailed field note taking, interviewing employees, researching solutions and report writing in order to develop a comprehensive plan for continual improvement in environmental concerns.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Public transit, public agency, or regulated private industry experience.
- Possession of an environmental or related certification.
- Experience with current Environmental ISO 14001 Standard.
First consideration date July 5
To apply: www.communitytransit.org.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.