Capital Project ManagerCommunity Transit
Capital Project Manager
$84,987 - $118,981 DOE
Responsible for planning and managing assigned capital projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to deliver specified requirements and meet customer satisfaction. Position is responsible for writing proposals, estimating costs, developing budget proposals, developing schedules, drafting contracts, overseeing consultants, and interacting with staff, consultants, and members of the public for assigned projects. Position requires strong project management and communications skills, the ability to coordinate with both internal and external committees, understanding of contract administration and oversight in a public setting, and the ability to ensure all aspects of the project mature in the same timeline.
The capital program includes planning and construction of multimillion dollar transit infrastructure projects such as transit centers and stations, park and ride facilities, operating/maintenance bases as well as new initiatives such as bus rapid transit and transit oriented development.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Public Administration or related fields. Project management certification desired.
- 3 years of experience managing complex projects from planning phase through construction including contract administration and oversight.
- 3 years of experience organizing, presenting, facilitating, and negotiating with diverse stakeholders and user groups.
- 3 years of experience quality assurance and coordination with staff and contractors engaged in program development, procurement and implementation of equipment and systems.
- Public sector experience preferred especially planning and construction of transit and transportation infrastructure.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.