Assistant Procurement & SBE/DBE SpecialistCommunity Transit
Assistant Procurement & SBE/DBE Specialist
$69,012 - $75,914 Hiring Range DOE
Working with broad direction from Procurement & Contracts Manager and mentoring by Procurement & SBE/DBE Specialists in specific areas identified by the manager, the Assistant Procurement & SBE/DBE Specialist advises project teams to competitively procure, establish, and administer contracts for a wide variety of commodities, professional services, information technology, construction, capital equipment, rolling stock, and supplies. Promotes and manages Small Business Enterprise (SBE) /Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) programs, outreach and compliance. Provides procurement advice to management and staff.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, procurement, purchasing, public administration, economics or other related field.
- PMP certification may substitute for 2 years of education.
- Two years' progressively responsible experience in public procurement.
- One years' experience in facilitating teams, working with committees, interacting with management and staff.
- Proficient work experience with MS Office Suite and use of the Internet.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials.
- Transit experience.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.