Public Works Technician I-II (Streets, Parks, Drainage, Building and Grounds)
Category Public Works Department
Status Open; FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Union Status: Represented
Salary Salary Range: $48,492 to $66,564/year, plus excellent benefits
Posted February 2, 2021 3:30 PM
Closing February 26, 2021 4:30 PM
Position Summary: As part of a crew, performs a variety of skilled or semi-skilled maintenance/custodial work, and operates a variety of equipment in the operation, repair and maintenance of City streets, parks, storm drainage, recreation structures, and/or buildings and grounds
- Graduation from high school, GED equivalent;
- At least one (1) year of experience performing a majority of the essential duties and functions of the position, or;
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
Public Works Tech I
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Flagging certification, CPR/First Aid certification, confined space entry certification, playground safety certification within one (1) year of hire.
- Standby duty is optional at this level.
Public Works Tech II
- 24 months of acceptable performance with no corrective actions needed.
- Commercial Driver’s License Class B.
- Pesticide certification.
- Standby duty is required at this level.
- Ability to reach Stanwood within forty (40) minutes of call-out.