Public Works Maintenance WorkerCity of Snohomish
MAINTENANCE WORKER I
Department: Public Works
Salary Range: $3,801 to $4,911/month, plus generous benefits
Closes: Open Until Filled
First Review: Monday, December 17, 2018
Position Summary: Position involves performing a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and repair tasks to City water systems and operating maintenance and construction tools and equipment.
Examples of Job Duties:
- Installs and repairs main water lines, which includes excavating to grade, laying and aligning pipe and using special tapping equipment to install valves, lateral water lines, blow-offs, hydrants and meters; accomplishes hookups and flush to test installation according to established procedures.
- Performs daily chlorine testing by collecting samples to ensure good quality of water; monitors chlorine levels.
- Installs, overhauls and repairs fire hydrants; shuts off main line or hydrant foot valve; disassembles and cleans hydrant subsections; replaces gaskets, seals and seats; reassembles and tests hydrant for proper operation.
- Inspects new water lines at construction sites; takes samples and chlorination readings.
- Locates water mains and services for contractors as necessary.
- Performs maintenance and repairs, as directed, on reservoir, pumps and booster pumps.
- Installs and maintains cathodic protection of transmission and distribution lines.
- Cuts, breaks and hauls concrete; sets forms; mixes, pours, spreads, and finishes concrete.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and minor field repairs such as lubrication, checking fluid levels and replacing belts and other components as required.
- Respond to emergencies; response may be during or after normal working hours.
- Participate in a rotating weekend standby duty roster.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, including one year of maintenance and repair experience is desirable. Possession of a valid Washington State Drivers License. Class A Combination Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Combination Driver’s License Tanker Endorsement within six (6) months of hire.
Must successfully pass criminal background and pre-employment driver records check.