Public Works Maintenance WorkerCity of Snohomish
Public Works Maintenance Worker
(Wastewater Collections and Stormwater Division)
Department: Public Works
Salary Range: Starting at $46,980/year, plus generous benefits (2019 Salary)
Closes: Monday, December 2, 2019
Position Summary: Position involves performing a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance procedures on the City's storm and sanitary sewer systems.
Examples of Job Duties:
- Operates a variety of equipment, including vactor truck, backhoe, pressure washers, and CCTV inspection equipment.
- Performs a variety of sewer collection system tasks such as sewer line cleaning, correction of stoppages, man hole patching, and gravity and force main repairs; completes maintenance and construction of storm drains and sewer lines; performs confined space entry duties as required.
- Inputs data using the sewer and stormwater maintenance application software to record repairs and maintenance using iPhone or iPad.
- Checks and performs lift station maintenance and repair work; performs routine maintenance on equipment, such as lubricating equipment and parts; identifies malfunctions and takes corrective action including removing, replacing or repairing parts as necessary.
- Maintains, installs, inspects and repairs storm drainage facilities such as catch basins, manholes, ditches, culverts, swales, ponds and flow control structures.
- Locates and marks underground utilities.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections, testing for infiltration or exfiltration by the use of smoke or air.
- Documents operation, maintenance and repair of storm drainage facilities in accordance with established procedures to ensure compliance with Municipal Stormwater NPDES permit regulations.
- Responds to emergencies; response may be during or after normal working hours.
- Participates in a rotating weekend standby duty roster.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, including one year of maintenance and repair experience is desirable. Possession of a valid Washington State Drivers License. Class A Combination Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Combination Driver’s License Tanker Endorsement within six (6) months of hire.
The City of Snohomish is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.