Supervising EngineerCity of Mill Creek
$82,371 - $108,395 DOQ
The City of Mill Creek is seeking an experienced Supervising Engineer to assist the Director of Public Works and Development Services with the implementation of projects and programs related to transportation and traffic engineering, surface water management, development review, and capital projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Project management of all phases of City capital projects from scoping through construction for roadway, surface water, traffic and park improvements.
- Assist with updates to the 6 year Transportation Improvement Program and the Capital Facilities Plan.
- Review work products on capital projects requiring outside consulting assistance; participate in the selection of consultants; negotiate and monitor contracts and services of outside firms to assure compliance; approve or recommend approval of payments to consultants.
- Supervise and mentor assigned staff to include hiring, training, assigning and monitoring work activities and evaluating performance. Provide work direction and guidance to other personnel on City projects as needed; provide project leadership and quality control on projects requiring City personnel; and establish and maintain project schedules and activities.
- Provide technical guidance for operational issues on the City’s streets and surface water systems.
- Provide written and verbal reports as necessary on projects and contracts; present reports to outside groups, City Manager, commissions or others as needed.
- Review and comment on application materials and engineering plans for private land development projects within the City or Urban Growth Area using appropriate standards; inspect and/or coordinate inspection of private development projects.
- Assist with the processing and inspection of Right-of-Way Use permits and coordinate construction activities with contractors and utilities.
- Meet with citizens and citizen groups, home owner’s associations and business associations as necessary to respond to inquiries, complaints and requests.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of work-related issues, including but not limited to customer, employee and City information and records.
This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of the job. Other duties may be assigned and/or performed.
Experience and Education/Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or a related field and at least six years of applicable experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job.
- Must be currently licensed as Professional Engineer in the State of Washington or currently licensed in another state and be eligible for licensure in Washington by comity within 120 days of hire.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and an insurable driving record, or ability to obtain within one (1) month of hire.
Eight to ten years working for a local government.
The City of Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer.